26. Life and Death

The Future

"Where did you go Akari? You were just right next to me."

"This place is just too big no matter how many times you've shown me."

"Ah, if people knew that you were Life, they'd never believe it."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

After the last encounter I had with my guardian angel who told me to call him Hoseok, I kept my word and he was the first person I saw at the gates of Heaven.

A year had almost passed by since then and things had gone smoothly to which I could finally enjoy my days with those who I accompanied and not alone.

"There you are, where did you go?"

"Oh, just somewhere." I spoke with hint of mischief.

"In that dress? I'm surprised you didn't fall over."

"Life has her ways Hoseok."

"Well, are you ready?"

"I've been ready since the day he told me." I laughed, refreshing my memory from the late evening that took place half a year ago.

The day he proposed to me.

Hoseok squeezed my hand in reassurance and he pushed the door to reveal the hall, surrounded with both the Angels and Demons from both sides.

And standing tall and proud, in his black tuxedo as well as his scythe, was Death, plastering the biggest smirk on his face, towards me.

"He's smirking but look at his legs."

Looking down to his figure to see his legs, they were shaking.

I wanted to laugh along with Hoseok but tried to refrain myself as we walked forwards.

"Go on." Hoseok motioned me to carry on walking whilst he stood and held a warm expression and gave me a quick thumbs up.

Taking a careful step to the podium, I was stood right beside Death who nudged me to look at him.

"You're not wearing the veil I bought you."

"You bought everything without me choosing so the veil was the last thing I was able to choose for myself."

"Women are so hard to please these days."

"You even chose my underwear. Don't embarrass yourself any further."

"You know me too well." He quickly wipes a fake tear and I roll my eyes.

It was true that the Heavens opposed Death and never wanted anything to do with him, yet after I had become Life, and witnessed the immense feelings we had, they realised that if they were to repeat history again, the consequences would be too grievous.

So after a long time of consideration, they came to a conclusion to allow us to be together, even though we both came from opposite worlds.

Hell and Heaven grew to accept each other as allies this time and not the enemy.

"Hey, what're you thinking about Sweetheart?"

With my thoughts interrupted by his voice, I looked at the one who brought me into this new world and changed my existence.

"Just how much love I have for you Death."

Once the vows had been said, the cheers were loud enough to fill the entire hall and the next thing that happened was that I was held in Death's arms, bridle style and spun us around, wearing the happiest expression dancing in his eyes.

Then his lips were placed near my ear and whispered whilst everyone we grew to know and admired were continuously roaring with joy.

"I love you more Akari."

"Oh and one more thing too."

"Yes?" I spoke, waiting for his reply.

"You better be prepared tonight Akari."

"....because once I'm done with you, you'll be begging for mercy."

Before I could say anything, he trapped my lips with his kiss and I couldn't help but to smile, finally knowing that he was mine, and I was his.

The End

I've enjoyed this journey with all of you so I am honoured that you have read this story from the very beginning and until the end...

♥️ Thank you so much for reading 'You're Safe with Me' ♥️