Chapter 36

Luan's POV

I groaned as I tried to force my eyes open. With a lot of difficulty, my eyes shot open.

The room was bright yellow and it had a decent amount of space. I took a look to the left of my bed, where all the beeping noises were coming from.

Am I really hooked up to all those machines? Wow.

I sat up slowly. There was soft snoring in the corner, my head flipped around. Maggie. She was still here.

That's so sweet of her to be here with me. She looks so peaceful and harmless while she's asleep.

I laid back down, just staring into space. "Hey. You're finally awake," her raspy morning voice, sounded throughout the room.

"Hi Maggs. You know you didn't have to wait here with me. I would've been fine."

She shrugged. "It's fine. Your family couldn't handle you being in that bed like that, so I offered to stay with you."

"Well thanks," I blushed a little at her sweetness.

Before I had a chance to speak, Lynn came in jumping on my bed and crushing me in a hug.

"Luan! I'm so glad you're awake! I missed you!" She yelled out.

"Ouch," I groaned. "I missed you too." As Lynn jumped off me, everyone else piled in and nearly squeezed me to death.

"Oww. Guys. That hurts." "Sorry," they all apologized. " "How are you feeling hun?" Mom asked.

"In pain, but I'm glad to be awake." "And we're glad you're awake," Lincoln smiled.

Meanwhile everyone was still talking all at once, I glanced in Maggie's previous position, but she wasn't there.

'When did she leave?' I wondered.

For the rest of the day, my siblings kept me occupied. It was nice for all of us to be together in my room, just chilling and having fun.