A man!?

A/n
Diana is 20 at this time and Adira is 7.

Adira's POV

Today was the day that my sister and I are being tested to see if we are stronger than our aunt and I was going first. I first had to go through all the other amazon warriors which I did easily dodging their arrows by black flipping.

As I beat them I barely noticed my aunt behind me and turned around and managed to dodge a sword by bending my back way down. I then kicked her in the stomach to put some distance between us. We crashed our swords together for a long time until finally I managed to make her unbalanced and she fell and I put my sword to her neck.

I smirked in victory and offered my hand to my aunt and she took it.

"I guess this makes me a true Amazonian warrior" I said

My aunt closed her eyes before she said "I am sorry Adira but you will not become and Amazonian today, or ever."

My eyes widen with shock " But why, I passed the test, I'm stronger than you!!"

"Because you do not have the heart for it" my aunt stated

"I do have the heart !"

Antiope shook her head " you won but you're too kind hearted to hurt people, each time you strike you hesitate and manage not to hurt them badly, in a real battle field you would die instantly."

Her words stroke a nerve in me for I have also notice this, my eyes became watery and I turn to look at my mother and sister. They both had sympathetic looks on their face and I knew that they also agreed with my aunt.

I then dashed away into the forest and ran as fast as I could which was pretty fast. I then settled down and sat down under a big tree that gave me shade. I looked up at the sky and watched as the clouds move as tears rolled down my face.

My dream was to become the strongest Amazonian alongside my sister and complete our mission to protect humankind and destroy Ares.

As I think about my dream that will never become my reality more tears roll down my face so I put my head down and rest my head in my knees.

After a few minutes i feel something sniffing my hair so I slowly lift my head and stare at a deer. Then it does something unexpected it puts its forehead against mine as if it's trying to reassure me that everything will be alright and then after a few seconds it pulls away.

I put my hand out for it and it licks my hand. Then out of nowhere I hear a strange sound I have never heard before , a loud BOOM, as soon as that is heard my head snaps to the direction that it came from and the deer runs away.

I stand up fast and rush to that direction thinking of what could have caused that sound but what I see next is something that surprises me the most.

A pile of both men, yes you heard me right MEN but what broke my heart was the bodies of my fellow Amazonians more specifically the body of my aunt with my sister crying right besides her.

I rush over to them and began to cry for my aunt "what ... happened....here?" I asked in between sobs.

My sister looked at me but my mother beat her to it "Men that's what happened" she said with anger evident to her voice.

The queen then finally noticed that there was still one man still alive, she pointed at him and said angry "YOU!!"

All of the amazons got their weapons ready to kill him until my sister Diana stood up in a protective stance in front of him"He didn't do this, he was protecting me, he was helping us."

My mother was clearly angry at my sister for defending the man "Then why is he dressed like them " she shouted angry

After that we all just stared at him even Diana was curious as to why he was dressed as the men who tried to kill him.