Don't Knock on YMCA!

HE HAD NO IDEA HOW HE HAD GOTTEN INTO THIS SITUATION.

One moment he had been comfortable minding his own business, then one conversation and three weeks later he was on top of a set of isolated stands above the crowd watching a college quidditch game go on and taking 'live' pictures (also known as drawing them as fast as he could because these idiots refused to use technology).

Wylan glumly took out another sheet of notebook paper and began sketching the basic form of the bleachers, wearily eyeing his empty coffee mug(s). He had brought three to begin with, knowing that he would probably need some more. And he was right. An hour in and all three large cups of coffee were drained.

"Is there any reason why you're here on a lonely set of high rise bleachers and taking," there was a pause as Wylan looked up and around him. "Live pictures?"

"Jesper," Wylan said as greeting as the tall boy appeared from (somewhere?) and casually sat down next to him, turning his head to see the other pictures Wylan had drawn so far. "Hey, it's been a while."

It had only been a few days since the elevator, but ever since then Wylan's classes had kicked in and he had been busy trying to find time to work on his prototype, so unfortunately his free time suffered monumentally and he got a Tony Stark level of three hours of sleep a night.

"Hey merchling," Jesper greeted him with a breaktaking smile and Wylan willed his breath not to hitch. "I haven't seen you in a while. Have you been avoiding me?"

Wylan smiled as he returned back to his paper and started shading in the rows of audience (that he personally thought were blackmailed into attending). "I've just been busy Jes," Wylan said giving him a small smile. "I haven't forgotten about the date."

Jesper sent him a smirk at that, one that seemed less arrogant and more genial and Wylan decided he liked it. "I haven't either merchling."

That name.

"Stop calling me that," Wylan halfheartedly protested, knowing there was a terrifically low chance of it actually happening.

Jesper winked and leaned in, warm cinnamon-y breath brushing against his cheek. He sucked in a breath instinctively. "No," Jesper whispered, and Wylan relaxed, putting two hands on Jesper's shoulders and trying to shove him back. He finally moved (of his free will, Wylan suspected) out of his personal space and let Wylan breathe again. "Why merchling," Jesper started, eyeing the two hands on either sides of his shoulder. "If I didn't know any better I'd say-"

"-that I have a job I don't want and need to do," Wylan finished, giving him a look. "Seriously Jes."

Jesper finally drew away laughing and he looked at the sheets of paper on the other side of Wylan. "So how exactly did you end up drawing live images of our college quidditch team?"

Wylan sighed. "Up until a couple weeks ago, I had no idea our college even had a quidditch team. The captain, Paja, works at the Dime Lions Coffeeshop which I frequently visit and she asked me if I could draw live pictures, because apparently when celebrating quidditch, technology is rejected. And since I go there pretty regularly and she scares the crap out of me because she's built like a bodybuilder," Jesper nodded knowingly, "I accepted. Hence, the next five hours of me drawing realistic pictures of people running around with balls and brooms underneath their legs."

Jesper laughed at that once again, turning his head to see the masses of people running around on the field, faces determined. "You got to give it to them though," Jesper pointed out. "They look seriously determined to win, And that one on the side is leaping like he can actually fly."

Wylan snickered at that, craning his head to see. "What? Where?"

"See? The one by the enthusiastic mom."