Chapter 2: Dead and Gone...

Recap from Chapter 1:

"Miss Davis, I'm sorry to report this to you, but I'm afraid your parents have died in a plane crash on Flight 205 to Malaysia."

I dropped my iPhone and collapsed on the soft rug covering my bedroom floor. It didn't feel so soft and comfy right now. Nothing did.

I could still hear the voice talking in my iPhone but I couldn't hear, see or do anything. My mind, my body, everything seemed to freeze in time.

 I felt myself slipping away...

Chapter 2

 "Alex? Alex, honey wake up!", a woman's frantic voice registered into my head.

 "Maybe someone could give her some mouth-to-mouth transactions?", a male's voice suggested with traces of mischief.

 I could hear something or someone being hit and a shriek of pain while a purr was heard as well.

 "Oi! What was that for?!", the male's voice that was once held with mischief screech.

 "For suggesting of taking advantage of Al-", her voice stopped when she saw me.

 Fluttering my heavy lid eyes, I looked up at three pairs of eyes looking down at me.

 The woman's voice that I had heard was my gardener, Elena's voice. Her green eyes stared at me in confusion, remorse and fear. The boy whom I had heard was my neighbor, Henry's voice. Although he was a year or two older than me, he treated me like a child nevertheless. Henry's blue eyes glinted with mischief and giddiness although judging by the scrunch of his eyebrows, he also looked a tad bit worried. The third pair of eyes were much bigger and wider than the other two as they were not human eyes at all. My cat, Tiger (I know, cheesy name. I was... what? 14?) looked at me with his green/grey eyes in confusion and although this may be odd, you could see sympathy in his eyes. 

 Even though Tiger was a cat, he might as well be a human being. I had gotten Tiger on my 14th birthday after begging my parents via Skype if I could have a cat. After asking me various questions as to how I will be able to take care of a cat (my parents may be rich, but they taught me self responsibilities even though they barely came to see me) and what color the cat should be etc. They had also promised me that they will send the cat with some special people as well. I was super excited and helped my maids Tiffany, Dakota, Steven, Shelly, Ruby and Jack (I still remember their names since we became really close friends) clean up the house and make a little corner for the cat to be in. While expecting the cat and the special people probably being some caterer or something, you could imagine my surprise when my parents came into the house.

 That 14th birthday was the last time that I had seen my parents live and in person. This is why Tiger, being the tabby kitten they had given me, became one of my most prized possessions to this day. It seemed as if Tiger could literally understand me. Every time I spoke to him, his green/grey eyes would stare at me and listen to me. Whenever he purred or looked at me with a certain glance, I was sure to understand what was behind that one look. So you could imagine my surprise when Tiger's eyes shown with confusion and sympathy.

 "Tiger... Why are looking at me like that? What's wrong?", I cautiously ask, frightened as to the way Elena, Henry and Tiger's looks all resembled.

 "Alex, honey... Ciara and Ada-", Elena's voice cracked as moisture took place in her green eyes.

 "I had a bad dream. One minute I was reading a One Direction Fan Fiction and then the next, this person called me saying my parents died on their flight to Malaysia. Crazy, huh?", I laughed a little, but seeing as how Elena's face scrunched up and tears freely fell down her cheeks, my laughter was cut short as Elena ran out of my room.