Chapter 6: Blaming

Y/N's POV

I sat there for about an hour, just holding her hand and crying. I wanted nothing more than for her to just wake up. Maybe pop up and yell "Ha! You just got pranked!" In her bubbly voice. But that never happened.

I heard someone knock on the door, asking to come in. "Come in." I say, struggling because my throat is dry from crying. I see two silhouettes enter the room. I can't make out who it is though because it's too dark in the room.

"Can I turn on the lights?" One of them timidly asks. I choke out a yes as I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the bright lights. I look over at the person, who I soon realized was two people, and saw that it was her parents.

They come over to the side of Isabella's bed and sit down at two vacant seats. They start talking to me but I block them out of my hearing and shake my head yes every now and then. As I am thinking in my own world, I hear something that catches my attention.

"I recently started noticing that she has been off recently. I just ignored it though because I thought she was just stressed out. I shouldn't have ignored it, I should have talked to her about it. It's all my fault." Isabella's mother says as she starts to sob onto her husbands neck.

I'm taken back by what she said. "Mrs. Smith, this is not your fault at all. You didn't know about this so there was nothing you could do about it." I say as I walk towards her to comfort her. The truth is, I blame myself for this. I think, what if I just stayed home with her today? Could I have helped her. Could this have even been avoided? As I hug Mrs. Smith, I start to cry more. I should have stayed and took care of her until she felt better. Then I would have been there to rush her to the hospital.

With those final thoughts, I start to sob uncontrollably.

A/N

I'm so sorry that I took so long to update! I feel so bad for not updating, but thank you all for supporting me anyway. Hope you have a fantastic rest of your day! Byeeeeeeeee!

-Ic3cr3amlov3r

July 2nd, 2017