two

"It seems like pain and regret are your best friends."

Declan Cullen enters the busy Forks diner his apron in hand as he greets the patrons

Declan Cullen enters the busy Forks diner his apron in hand as he greets the patrons. Placing his phone in his apron pocket he retrieves his notebook and begins to make his rounds to the various tables after clocking in.

A smile appears on his face once he sees his friends from the reservation crowding around a table their faces lit with happiness and the atmosphere light. "Hey, guys."

Jacob Black is the first to speak. "Hey Declan, I didn't know you were working tonight."

"Yeah, I picked up a shift. I'm filling in for Nathaniel."

Removing the pen from the position in his ear glances around the table.

"Alright, what can I get you guys?"

Jacob places the menu down on the table. "I will like to have the steak and potatoes."

Jared Cameron responds next. "I'll have the same."

Paul Lahote pauses for a moment. "I'll have the burger and fries."

Finishing the last of the orders he nods before replacing the pen in his ear. "Where's Leah and Seth?"

"Seth is in Seattle with Kim, and Leah is at U of S."

"U of S? Is she touring?"

"No, she got early acceptance. She's taking all of her prerequisites."

A smile appears on his face. "Thats great, she's majoring in Biology right?"

"Yeah."

"Well tell her I said congratulations."

"Alright."

Turning away from the table Declan Cullen hands his paper to the cook pauses behind the counter. "Hey Dave, how's your wife?"

"She's doing great, the knee is all healed up now. She's returning to work next week."

"Nice, tell her I said hi."

"Will do, Dec."

Moving on he approaches the table of Chief Swan and his daughter Bella.

"Hey, Chief Swan."

"Hey Declan, how have you been?"