eleven

"Little by little."

Stepping out of his car nervously Declan glances back to the rest of his family

Sending him supportive smiles they wave him towards the door of the Black house.

Knocking on the door he adjusts the cuff of his sleeve before Leah opens the door her eyes trailing over the young boy.

"You look beautiful, Leah."

She smiles. "Thank you Declan." Looking at the single rose in his hand she raises am eyebrow.

"That for Billy?"

"N-No, it's for you." He responds thrusting it into the space between them while Billy and Jacob come to the door along with Sue and Seth.

"Aww Declan, you look so handsome." She gushes stepping outside after her daughter.

Revealing a camera Esme smiles.

"Lets take pictures."

Escorting Leah into his school gymnasium Declan smiles watching his friends dance and talk amongst themselves.

"Would you like something to drink?"

Nodding Leah accepts, making his way towards the drink table he glances around the gymnasium looking for his friends.

Returning to Leah he hands her her cup before taking a sip of his. Mimicking his actions Leah grabs his hand placing her drink down before doing the same to his.

"Let's dance."

Following her to the dance floor Declan shakes away his nerves remembering that dance that he attended.

Just as the reach the dance floor as a low song rings through the air. Leah smiles. "What a coincidence."

Declan chuckles glancing to the DJ who just happened to be Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Sending him a thumbs up Nathaniel grins before adjusting the dials on his board. Placing one hand on her waist and one on her shoulder Declan begins to move to the rhythm of the song.

Mother, I know
That you're tired of being alone
Dad, I know you're trying
To fight when you feel like flying

"I love this song." Leah states as Declan watches as she begins sway slightly.

Pulling her closer he spins her slowly. Clearing his throat he speaks.

"Leah, I want to thank you for allowing me to bring you to the dance."

Her lips tug upward. "You're welcome Declan, thank you for accepting my offer. After all it is a girls choice."

"I suppose you're right." He chuckles watching as the beat picks up and everyone begins to dance in their own way.