NINE

CHAPTER NINE 

CHAPTER NINE 

DRESSES

When Slyvia arrived home after school her mother was just getting out of the shower. 

"Hey baby girl," Ruth smiled. Her eyes were tinted red but she looked so much better than she had the previous night. 

"Hey Mommy, uh, you're bartending the Taste of Riverdale thing tonight, right?" 

"Course," Ruth nodded, "I always do. Why?" 

"My friend Jug invited me to go along too so-"

"You have a date?" Ruth beamed, but Sylvia shook her head violently. Though she was blushing. 

"No, we're just hanging out. It's for the school paper. Anyway," Slyvia asked awkwardly, "Can I borrow something, like a skirt or whatever. I'm pretty sure no one would appreciate if I went in my overalls." 

"Sure you can. Do you want to wear some makeup too?" Ruth wondered as they both walked into the small cream colored bedroom. 

"Nah, thanks though." While Ruth started to pick out the clothes- a black shirt that showed off enough cleavage to get tips but not enough to get reprimanded, and tight jeans -Sylvia opened up her closet door. 

Her mother didn't really have skirts, she had tight pencil skirts she'd wear for interviews and then-  Ew, Sylvia puked in her mouth -she had short school girl skirts.

"Jesus Christ," she breathed when her eyes landed on a simple black dress. Sylvia took it out of the closet and inspected it for stains and rips. When she saw it had none she held it up to her.

It was a cute dress, its sleeves went down to her elbows, though there were holes where her shoulders were, and it clinched around her waist, giving it a flowy effect. 

"If you wear that you can wear my ankle boots," Ruth said from behind her. Slyvia turned to look at her mother, who had a warm smile on her face.

"I don't think I'll be able to walk in heels," she said, "I'll just stick to my boots. Thanks though," Slyvia turned to leave only to turn back to her mom, "Do you still need the bathroom? Because otherwise, I'm going to go in a shower..."

"You can go in," Ruth said, waving Sylvia off.

"Cool, thanks, Mommy!"

"Welcome baby girl!"

⭐☠️⭐

When Jughead saw Sylvia waiting for him outside the Taste of Riverdale his first thought was not to immediately find the teenage survivalist, but that she looked pretty in her scuffed up boots and simple dress. She had her hair pulled back, though two loose strands of hair framed her face nicely.