{ 12 }

The students in our class didn't seem to worry about your long absence, but I just thought it was too suspicious.

Every time I brought up even the smallest hint of my suspicion, I would be looked at as if I was delusional.

I stopped trying to explain and everything seemed to go on normally for the next few days; you bringing joy to every person you spoke to, and I watching over you from afar, trying to decipher the situation that was going on.

With my head rested in my hand, I fought off the urge to fall asleep, barely getting any rest from the worry that burdened my mind.

As I was about to lose consciousness, a small tap on my shoulder pulled me back into reality and I snapped up at whoever it was.

I yawned as I was met with the sight of my acquaintance, but became wide awake when I realized the concern that was apparent on their face.

They pulled me closer and nervously whispered,"Y-You know Hoseok? Everyone's saying that a b-bunch of pills were found on him."

I pulled away with a small gasp and couldn't do anything but stare at them as they stared back with anxious eyes.

Hoseok? Pills?

Looking over at you, I only got more confused. You wore an innocent smile and spoke happily with the people surrounding you.

I didn't think it was possible for the situation to steep so low, and I stayed in denial, telling myself that you'd never do such a thing, but the anxiety that was eating me up was telling me otherwise.