Chapter 7

"About what?" you ask.

"Something private, so Alia if you would be kind enough to leave," Oum turns to look at Alia behind you.

"Fine, I will leave," she says as she walks towards the exit. Before she goes she whispers in your ear, "If he offends you, tell me."

Once alone, Oum takes a deep breath, "Okay look, I apologize for my actions earlier. I feel bad."

"No you don't," you reply crossing your arms, "You hate me."

"Your right I hate you, I don't even want you here, but have no choice."

"Good. Now that we got that out of the way, bye," you once again proceed to leave, only to be stopped by him once again. "What?" you say irritated.

"Listen, Teron lectured me and he says I need to be nice to you, but you know it is going to be difficult reason being I hate your clan and you..." he continues speaking, but you are not listening. You could see how much he detests speaking to you. You have been trying to avoid conflict as much as possible, but there is only so much a person can tolerate.

"Oum," you cut him off.

"Yes."

"Do I have horns growing anywhere on my head or scales on my skin?"

"No." he says questioningly.

"Do I have an extra limb or eye?"

"No."

"Then stop calling me a monster."

"Why not? Your clan nearly wiped us out."

"What my ancestors did was wrong. I apologize on there behalf, but you need to stop calling us that."

"Why?"

"You know this is the first time I am setting foot outside of my clan. I am being hated solely because I am part the fire clan. You me hate too for the same reason. So, I'll tell you what, if you could state one reason why my clan should be treated this way, I will allow you to call us monsters."

"The-"

"Dare you say war, your clan should also be hated and you know why." In the war, the fire clan did indeed nearly wiped out the water clan, but the reasons were never known and lost with time, it was believed the water clan started it for reasons also unknown.

Oum stayed silent. He was clenching his fists. He couldn't give another reason. You gave a dry laugh, "What."

"You know it is funny. For generations, the fire clan was known as monsters because of a war, but in reality you guys are monsters too."

"How."

"Okay, your people attack mine if they set foot outside, we have been forced into isolation." you see Oum glaring, "Would you like me to continue?" Silence. "Remember this Oum, I am not a monster. I never was a monster, I am F/n of the fire clan," was the last thing you said before you walk past him with your head held high.

Edited by Audballlllll