Chapter 29

"A bride?" You say confused. You turn to Oum. "What does he mean when he says I came here to be a bride?"

"So you didn't know?" Kai says to make sure. You nod while looking at Oum. Finally Oum speaks up.

"To be honest F/n. I fell in love with you. I never had the chance to tell you. But don't you see F/n. This can be beneficial for both clans. It can-"

"No Oum." You say sternly. "I don't see. If this was to be beneficial to both clans you would of brought this matter up to my dad. Not trick me into coming here."

"F/n."

"Oum. What were you thinking!" You were shouting now. You had not once raised your voice but you were very angry. "This is a big deal. To treat it so lightly like this. For us, who we marry is extremely important. Our marriages are not just about us, but about our families. Our clan. You knew this. I know you do. The fact you didn't even tell me proves it."

"F/n." He says quietly. When you realize what you did, you bow your head immediately.

"I apologize for my outburst. I didn't mean for it to be rude."

"Rise your head." His father says. When you make eye contact with him he continues talking. "Now what Oum has done is very much in the wrong. I will discuss with him later about what to do. As for you, I take it you were traveling non stop. Stay here tonight. By tomorrow we will have come to a decision." You nod. "Also. I promise that no such problems will arise."

"I'll show her to her room." Oum's mother says. "I also need to speak to her about things. Come child." She walks out of the room and you follow.

While you are gone, Oum's father walks up to Oum and slaps him. He hits him so hard he falls to the ground.

"I heard from Lua that you loved her. I permitted this because I was under the impression she agreed to be your bride. The fact you went and did something like this shows you aren't ready to be a clan head. Now I am telling you, if she wants to leave, you will not interfere. Do I make myself clear?" Oum doesn't respond. Losing patience he shouts. "Do I make myself clear?"

"...Yes." Oum's father walks away. Kai helps Oum up.

"Really though Oum. What you did really crosses the line." Kai leaves leaving Oum alone with his thoughts.

When you arrived at the room Lua closes the door and then begins speaking.

"So Oum never told you the real reason of why you were coming?" you shook your head. "I really don't know where he gets his personality from." She walks toward you. "F/n. I am going to be honest with you. I don't like you. I will acknowledge though that your clan is just as human as mine. I do feel rather ashamed though for my way of thinking. I know I was unjust and so I apologize for it, but it won't change how I feel about you."

"I understand what you mean." you say.

"Look, if you want to leave, I won't stop you. If you choose to stay, I have no choice but to accept you as my daughter-in-law."

"You are okay with me being your daughter-in-law."

"At first, no but Oum was very adamant about having you as a wife. He turned down all the offers without even looking at them. Any how, I hope by tomorrow, you come to a decision." She then turns to leave.

It was around night. You were going to sleep when Oum came to your room.

"Evening." You say.

"Evening." Oum walks up to you and holds your hands. "F/n. I am sorry for putting you in a tight spot, but I didn't want to lose you. When you said you weren't going to come here, I panicked. I wanted to be with you and see our clans be at peace together. This was the only way I could think that all you to be near me."

"Oum. I understand, but I feel really angry that you hid something so big like this. You should of done things properly."

"I am sorry," Oum looks down but soon faces you again, "But F/n, if we do get married, we would be able to unite the clans. If my clan sees you as the wife of the head, they are bound to realize what kind of people you are. Even mother sees you differently now." You were going to say something but Oum lets go of your hands. "Please think about it." He walks out of the room.

You do think about it. You finally came to a conclusion about what you were planning.

Edited by Audballlllll