Osamu x Reader: Rescue

A/N: Apologies for the brief delay in updates. But enjoy, and please vote and comment! ^_^

Your POV:

"Osamu, you really need to work on not sucking at fighting." Konami senpai said, smirking to herself.

You rolled your eyes as you sat next to Usami in the computer room. The entire afternoon you had been watching Osamu and your best friend, Konami training, or more like Konami kicking Osamu's butt battle after battle. You enjoyed watching Konami fight, but you were secretly watching because you always found Osamu cute. No one knew, not even Konami.

"I can't take your ameture moves any longer I'm taking a break." Konami pouted and walked out of the room. You were about to leave when suddenly you heard Jin walk in.

"Hey Y/N, I think you should go talk to Osamu. He wants to ask you something very important, my Side Effect tells me so." You looked at Jin, confused, but walked down to the training room.

"Hey, Osamu, I heard that you wanted to ask me something?" you asked, walking up to him.

He was out of breath, but you noticed a small blush on his face as he looked up to you. "Y-Y/N Senpai, ohh....well..." he dragged on. You couldn't help but adore his awkwardness.

"Osamu, if you want to ask me something, don't be nervous, just ask" you smiled, trying to lessen the tension in the room.

A few more awkward moments went by, and you thought he wasn't going to do it when suddenly-

"I like you." he blurted out.

You were sure by now that you were blushing, "Y-You do? Really? I like you, too. But I...I've never known if you felt the same way so I didn't say anything."

His smile lit up the room, "Do you think....you would want to be my girlfriend?!" he spoke loudly and fast.

"O-Oh well..."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sound so desperate!" he was so flustered, but you thought it was adorable.

"Osamu, it's okay. I would love to." you smiled reassuringly.

*Gate activity warning.

The loud announcement interrupted your peaceful nap. You slowly sat up from your bed before glancing at your clock: 12:30 PM

For a moment you sat there, still half asleep. You were calm before you remembered your boyfriend, Osamu was on defense duty that night. With the sudden adrenaline rush, you sprung out of bed, grabbing your trigger on the way out. You ran outside of Tamakoma HQ. In the distance, you could see a portal that had opened above the Forbidden Zone.

"Trigger on!" you yelled as you began to run on the rooftops to the fight.  As you approached the fight, you saw your boyfriend, Osamu trying to kill off a Bamster. Unfortunately, one of his arms had been torn off and he was losing Trion fast.

Not wanting to distract him and get him killed, you readied your blade, Scorpion. The Bamster chased after Osamu in the opposite direction. He began to run from it, and you took this opportunity to jump on the Bamster's back. Your blade sliced through the Bamster as you ran towards its front. It fell down on its front. Osamu took this chance to finish it off by stabbing its Trion core.

"Y-Y/N!" Osamu yelled from the ground. You smiled as you jumped down from the Bamster's head.

"Osamu!" you ran up to him and hugged him. You had only become an official couple two days ago.

"Y/N, I could've fought him" Osamu said, as you stepped back to look at him.

You smiled briefly. In your mind, something told you that he would've lost and would've been forced to bail out, but you kept that to yourself, "I know, Osamu. But that doesn't mean we can't work together."

Your faces were close together now. You could feel the warmth of his body as you were surrounded by the cold, night air. Time felt slow, almost nonexistent, as you stared into each other's eyes. And then, all at once, his lips were on yours. You were taken back for a second, but slowly kissed back. His tongue awkwardly ran across your lips as he asked for entran-

Excessive Trion loss. Bail out.

You two quickly broke away from the kiss and within the blink of an eye, he was flown away to Border HQ. You looked up and smiled as you watched him soar away.

I love you, Osamu. Never forget that.