Tachikawa x Reader: Competition

Your POV:

It was just another boring day at Border HQ. You had just gotten off of defense duty. You were tired and all you wanted to do was head back to Tamakoma Branch HQ where you lived. You had decided to join that branch because like the members of Tamakoma, you believed that not all Neighbors were evil. 

Sighing, you first walked into the Border HQ to grab a light snack from the vending machine. You had turned a corner and waiting for you was the well-known fighter, Jin. 

"Oh, Jin." You gasped surprised.

The brown-haired boy looked at you, "Y/N. Want a fried rice cracker?" he asked smiling slightly and holding out the bag.

You smiled briefly and took one. You knew all too well that Jin had liked you, for it was your Side Effect. It allowed you to sense peoples' emotions when they were around you, and you could read how people felt about you. Ever since you had first joined Tamakoma Branch, you could tell that Jin had taken a liking to you. While it started as a friendly respect for you, you had noticed that as you spend more time together, he began to develop feelings for you. Even though you respected him and enjoyed his company, you never felt the same romantic love that he felt. The man you did love, was Tachikawa. You had fought him before in training for Away Missions as well as judged battles together. You enjoyed his company and you thought you could sense a slight romantic love that he felt towards you.

"Jin, I appreciate the fried ric-" you were suddenly cut off to hear someone clearing their throat behind you. You looked over your shoulder to see Tachikawa himself, standing behind you and Jin. 

"Tachikawa....h-hi..." you could sense a small blush form on your cheeks. 

"I just came to see if Y/N here could use a drink." You felt confused. Up to this point, you had never sensed that many feelings, but suddenly you felt as if Tachikawa had a major crush on you. 

"Oh, is that so?" Jin started, "I actually was going to ask Y/N the same thing. And as you can see, I was here first." 

You laughed slightly to yourself, realizing what was happening. It appeared both guys had a crush on you, and you were suddenly blushing like crazy.

"U-uh. I really, dunno what to...say." You fumbled with your words, looking down at the ground.

You could see the two eyeing each other, and you wondered if they would start a fight right there in the middle of Border HQ, a few feet away from the vending machine.

 The intense battle between the two Border members with similar skills...never came. Instead, before you could even react, Jin burst out laughing. 

"You really like him, Y/N?" He asked, looking at you.

"Well...um...I...heh....Jin..." You started to laugh awkwardly and kept looking at the ground.

Gaining his composure again, Jin looked you in the eyes, "It's alright, Y/N. Go have a drink with Tachikawa."

You turned back to Tachikawa who had a small smirk on his face.

~~~

By now, your face was probably as red as a tomato and you were sure that you could not stand the pain in your stomach from laughing so hard. If there was one thing for sure, life was never boring when Tachikawa was around. You and he had walked back to his apartment where he had given you tea and attempted to cook teriyaki salmon, but ended up burning it. However, he saved the evening by whipping up some easy instant ramen noodles. With your Side Effect, you could just simply tell that he suddenly felt strong feelings towards you, and you almost felt as if it was a dream come true. The No. 1 Attacker in Border who girls fell head over heels for, was into you. 

"Y/N..." Tachikawa started.

"Hmm?" You titled your head.

"I think you have an eyelash here..." suddenly you could feel his warm breath on your cheek, and you were blushing yet again. 

One moment, it was as if the world had stood still and you two were looking into each other's eyes, and the next, you could feel his lips on yours. You two finally pulled away although the moment had seemed to last forever. Your faces were only an inch apart, as you slowly eyed the dark room to Tachikawa's right. Briefly glancing at it before returning your attention back to him, you asked him what was behind the door.

"My bedroom," he whispered back.

You smiled standing up and taking his hand as you lead him towards the room.

A/N: Well I am certainly sure you know what comes after this, haha. I hope you enjoyed and feel free to make a request. :) [Edited 12.27.17]