Yuma x Reader: Suicidal

A/N: Dedicated to my friend, mystery_kitty.

H/C = hair color

WARNING: some suicidal ideas, please do not read if you dislike this topic.

This one is on the serious side, but please enjoy and feel free to vote and request chapters! xx

Your POV:

You felt depressed and hopeless. You were a skilled fighter, mostly because your best friend Yuma had been helping you improve your skills. However, despite your growing strength, many of the Border agents disliked you. This was due to your Side Effect, with your ability being telepathy. You could reach others' minds, but you had to be within at least five feet of them. When your ability was revealed, some people found it cool but most just found it annoying and some were even threatened by it. When you walked through the halls, you were often bombarded with incoming thoughts, many of them being negative.

Oh no, it's Y/N! Run! I don't want her reading my thoughts!

I can't believe she can know what we're thinking, how weird! She's such a nuisance.

She should just be kicked out, her Side Effect is creepy and she's not even A Rank.

You began to hate going out in public, and only did it if you were summoned by someone. Lately, you would just hang around Tamakoma HQ and train in their simulation rooms. Then, you would go right back into your bedroom and sketch random things. The only person you could really talk to was your best friend, Yuma, who you had recently begun having feelings for. But whenever you were around Yuma, you never picked up romantic feelings. He had very organized thoughts, he was always thinking of strategies and how to move up to A Rank. Laying in your bed, memories of peoples' thoughts sat in your head. Finally, you couldn't take the hurricane of thoughts. Leaving your room, you went to sit on the roof of HQ.

~~~

The breeze felt cool, and you finally thought you could relax. But your anxiety was still there. Looking down to the moonlit water, you thought about ending it all.

Why don't I just jump down? Stop my pain, it would be so easy. My death would probably please many people....

You felt a single tear roll down your cheek. The breeze blew your H/C in front of your tear filled eyes.

Oh, Y/N, what is she doing up here so late?

This thought interrupted your own mind, and you turned to see the short, white haired boy with his seemingly permanent duck face, looking at you.

"Y-Yuma?" you whispered. You quickly wiped your tears, although it was clear you had been crying.

"Y/N, why are you sad?" He asked, as he walked over and sat next to you, looking out at the water.

You looked down, unsure of how to phrase your answer. You knew lies wouldn't work on him due to his Side Effect, but you didn't want him to know that you were thinking of suicide.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came up here to clear my head."

"But that doesn't answer my question. Y/N, you're clearly upset. What is bothering you?" he asked again, still looking out into the distance.

"B-Because people are...so mean..." At that point, you lost it and starting crying. Tear after tear fell as you hid your head in your hands. Your loud sobs erupted into the silent night. You then felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N, is this because of what some of the Border members say at HQ? Because you can't listen to them, their stupid opinions don't even matter. And when you're an A Rank, going on Away Missions, they'll have no other choice but to respect you." Yuma explained matter-of-factly. You looked back up, not caring that you had a tear stained face.

She is being truthful, but that's not all of it. Something else is bothering her.

You took Yuma's thought as a mental signal to continue.

"See the thing is..." you left a long silence, contemplating what to say, "...I began to like this boy. He was always there for me and I appreciated him so much. But I began to develop feelings for him, but I never knew if he liked me back." Your hands openly rested in your lap. You had just indirectly confessed all your feelings, and butterflies in your stomach appeared. You were so scared, unsure what he would say. What is he rejects me? I really would have said all of that for nothing... you thought.

You couldn't sense any thoughts from Yuma. It was as if his mind was completely blank. You sat next to him shivering in anticipation, until you felt a warm hand take yours admist the brisk night. Yuma turned and looked into your eyes. It's okay, Y/N, because that boy likes you, too.

You felt another tear roll down your cheek, but it was not out of self pity, instead you felt a sense of relief; as if a huge weight had been lifted from your shoulders. The two of you sat comfortably in the silence. The crisp breeze pushed against you two, and the moon light shone brightly above. You held each other's hands as you sat on the edge of the roof of the Tamakoma HQ in Mikado City.

You were never alone, Y/N. And you never will be.

You smiled at the kindest thought you had ever heard.

"I hope that one day I can repay you, Yuma"

"Why?" he asked.

"For being so good to me."