Morning cuddles

One morning Alec awoke from a usual deep sleep, the golden sun shining on his pale yet stunningly handsome face. He yawned turning over to only be met with cold empty bed sheets.

He sighed, realizing his warlock boyfriend had left early again. Magnus always told him that he was working on spells every time he'd seen he wasn't in bed with him. Most of the time Alec believed him, he would never doubt his own boyfriend. What kind of person would that make him if he didn't trust Magnus? But he started thinking it was him. Maybe he hates waking up beside me or possibly just hates me in general, he thought.

Alec rolled over on his back dismissing the unpleasant thoughts and sighed looking up at the ceiling.

He didn't want to leave the warm and comfy rectangle just yet. The institute wouldn't need him this early anyway.

"Magnus!" Alec chimed.

Magnus ran into the room thinking it was a distress call, ready to fight any monster with his magic at the ready, but all his eyes met with was his gorgeous bed-headed Alexander. He smiled walking over to his side of the bed.

"What is it my love?" He asked, stroking a stray piece of raven black hair away from Alec's melting hazel  eyes.

"Magnus, I miss waking up with you, why do you keep leaving me?" Asked the shadowhunter, eyes still closed and voice raspy and deep from fatigue.

"I'm sorry babe, I miss waking up with you too, I've just been so caught up with my work I guess I wasn't paying attention to my needy little shadowhunter" Magnus spoke softly while caressing Alec's cheek.

Magnus chuckled, "how ever can I make it up to you?"

Alec pretended to look hard in thought "Cuddles?" Alec suggested, looking up at his glittery boyfriend as if he was a child asking for candy.

Magnus chortled while nodding, getting into bed laying next to his lover, one arm reaching over behind Alec's head as he snuggled into Magnus' bare chest.

"I love you Magnus" said a half asleep Alec.

Magnus heart skipped a beat when he felt soft lips on his chest, his lover giving it a brief kiss and returning to his original position.

Magnus intertwined his fingers in Alec's dishevelled hair, occasionally twirling pieces around his index finger.

"I love you too my dear Alexander lightwood"