Where were we?

A/n: Heyy! Long time no write huh? My apologies on my absence, it took me forever to get the password for my account back.

For now I'm back to writing! Thank you for the support and understanding :3

I'm a bit rusty from writing but I hope you enjoy!

--------------

~ 3rd person pov ~

Alec and Magnus were having a quiet night by themselves at Magnus' loft. Both laying on the couch cuddled into each other, their minds both at ease. It was much needed, Alec has been trapped at the institute monitoring demons that have escaped from Edom for the past 3 weeks. He hardly had any time for Magnus, which he greatly disliked but with Maryse being at the institute he had no choice.

"This is nice" Magnus hummed contently.

Alec, laying across his lap looked up to meet the warlocks gaze, "what is?"

Magnus gave a quick peck to his temple and smiled, "This. You being home, safe with me"

Alec returned his smile and rested his eyes, enjoying Magnus' fingers running through his raven black hair.

"You know what I love the most about this?" Asked Magnus.

Alec hummed in response, opening his eyes.

"You being the real you. No standing up straight, no high expectations, no sternness, no training, no being a shadowhunter or warrior. All I see here, laying across my lap, is my loyal, goofy, innocent, and kind hearted Alexander" Magnus gushed.

Alec was speechless, he never thought of how others viewed his life. It took him a moment to realize that he did indeed live 2 separate lives. 1 as a shadowhunter, and 2, as a boyfriend to his warlock. Of course Magnus was the only one who could get him to think that deep about something of that nature.

"I like it when I'm here, and ya, being the head of the institute is hard work but it's my responsibility to keep everyone sa-"

Alec was cut off by an all too familiar pair of soft lips.

"Just shut up and kiss me" Magnus grinned.

Smiling into the kiss he forgot all of what he was saying and let everything melt away.

~ Jace's pov ~

"I'll be back later izzy, I gotta go give sasquatch his stele since all he can keep track of is a certain warlock" I called out to Izzy as I threw on my leather jacket and exited the institute.

"Be careful there are still-"

The door closes before she could finish her sentence.

"Demons.." She huffed, returning to her work.

-Time skip-

I arrived at Magnus' loft and went in like I normally do. I'm surprised he doesn't put wards up because of me, but no matter. I walk into the sitting area hoping to come across my parabatai.

"Hey Alec? Magnus? You guys he-"

I stopped in my tracks and moved more out of eye sight once I had seen they were having a moment on the couch together.

Usually I'd interrupt them because I could care less of what they were doing, but this time was different for some reason. I guess it's nice seeing Alec genuinely happy. Witnessing how he is when he has his protective walls down, it's kinda weird to see but pleasant at the same time.

For a long time Alec hid who he truly was, and to feel his depression through the parabatai bond was heartbreaking. I never mentioned it in case I would upset him even more, but I'm not experienced enough in that kind of pep talk to give useful advice anyway.

"I love you Alexander" Magnus spoke a little out of breath from all the kissing.

Alec blushed, "I love you too"

Seeing Alec being all mushy is getting a bit much for me now..

"Aaand now that you guys had your little moment, here's your stele which is protocol to have on you at all times!" I interrupted with a clap.

They jumped in surprised and Alec quickly got up from his laying down position.

"Jace!" They both scowled.

"What? I let you have your kissy-kissy moment, you should be thanking me" I chuckled with my hands up.

"Magnus-" Alec started.

"Already way ahead of you Alexander" said Magnus, snapping his fingers presenting dark purple sparks from his stealthy fingertips.

"H-hey hey c'mon I was just returning your stele! No harm no foul huh guys? Let's just all calm d-"

Before I could say anything else, the warlock opened a portal that led back to the institute and pushed me through it!

"This is the thanks I get?" I huffed, landing back in the institute.

~ 3rd person ~

The portal vanished once Magnus shoved Jace in. Peace and quiet was all that remained now.

"Much better" Alec sighed with a smile.

"Now, where were we?" Magnus laughed and pulled Alec closer, slowly running his thumb over his lip, only then wasting no time in latching back onto them.