Ch 20 - I Think I Found Her

"It's barely been that long since we were last all together. How can so much have happened?" Theodore asked incredulously.

"It's the price we pay for knowing Xander and Noelle," Malachi joked, making us all laugh a little.

We were at one of the safe houses, and we'd just caught the other members of the E's up since Kenya was up to date. It's safe to say that they couldn't understand how things got so out of hand so quickly.

"What did you guys happen to find out?" Mordecai asked them.

"Well, you were definitely onto something when you said that the new organizations may all actually be one huge organization. From what we gathered, the divisions are based on the different purposes of the divisions. There's a tactical division, which plans out everything, so there they recruit the smart minds. Then there's a combat division. That's the division with the fighters and agents who handle the physical aspects, so they're forever training and learning new ways to fight. Lastly, there are the admin agents whose main purpose is to ensure the fluid day to day running of everything, as well as the acquisition of any material, weaponry or equipment needed in the organization," Bart informed.

"That just sounds like every other agency," I pointed out.

"True, except this agency is so big that each division has its own headquarters," Garrett added.

That's ridiculous!

"How did they even get that big?" Nigel asked.

"They've recruited agents from all over the world who lost their jobs from other agencies shutting down, or from being dismissed, unfairly or not. They've also gone shopping in security firms and military camps around the world," Theodore informed.

"Uh guys, I don't want to be the spoil sport here, but this is starting to sound like something we'll never be able to defeat," Malachi commented.

"Size means nothing when you have smarts Malachi. We just have to find out the numbers we're dealing with, where they're all scattered, who's running the show and what their final plan is. With all that information, even just the people in this room could end up bringing the whole organization down," Franco told him.

We'd all agreed without his knowledge that he was our mentor for this particular mission.

"I agree with my dad on this. If anything, our biggest challenge still remains the agency and Elle. For as long as we don't know what is happening on that end, then we have a big problem," Jayme added.

"Any luck with tracking Storm, Winter and Carter?" I asked my brother.

"Nope! Their trackers are dead," he replied.

"And what about the twins?" I asked Nick.

"My cousins aren't known as shadows for nothing. Tyler and Tyson are the best when it comes to hiding, and the only way to find them is if they let you find them," Nick replied.

"So no?" Malachi joked, making me laugh as Nick glared at him.

"No Malachi," Nick said.

Malachi shrugged. "I was just making sure."

"So what's the plan from here?" Aziel asked.

"Well, we have our mission on Lane, so we can focus on that until something else pops up on our other mission. What we know about Lane right now is that he's in LA and he's working on something big at his lab. It's big enough that he needs funding for it, so he's been putting together dinners and benefits to raise this money. To the public, he's being a philanthropist, but in our world, he's rounding up some of the world's greatest criminals to get backing from them. Now, he's obviously not working alone, so we need to figure out who he's working with, or rather for. I highly doubt that he's in charge," I said.