An Accidental Miracle- Part Five

About two months later, Vanilla's stomach had grown out, due to her little baby. Today was the day of the baby shower, and Vanilla was decorating the apartment. It was a weekend, so Mephiles was at home helping her. They have invited Vanilla's family and one of Mephiles' teacher's little son, Vector, 2-year-old a crocodile. Vanilla then heard the oven timer go off, the baby shower cake had finished! She let it cool off for a few more hours, then iced it. The apartment looked beautiful. Red balloons and red streamers covered their house. They went for a 'red' theme because the baby was going to be black and red, so it only made sense. After what seemed like forever to the couple, there were finally knocks on the door. Vanilla opened it to see her parents smiling, holding an 'it's a boy!' balloon and a present for the baby. "Hi Mom and Dad!" Vanilla said, hugging both of her parents. "I'm so happy to see you!" Vanilla's mother smiled at her. "We are overjoyed to see you, too!" She said. "Congratulations on your baby!" Vanilla smiled. "Thank you", she said. "We call him 'Shadow', and we are both very excited for him to finally come into the world!" Vanilla's mother then gasped. "Oh my goodness", she said. "I'm not quite ready to be a grandmother just yet. I'm just in my late 30s!" Vanilla giggled. "Don't worry, Mom", she said reassuringly. "You don't look like a grandmother first off, and once you see Shadow for yourself, you'll be feeling as proud as ever to be one". Vanilla's mother smiled. "You're right, Vanilla!" she said. "I'm more than excited to see my first grandbaby! 'Shadow the Hedgehog'. Such a sweet little name!" She pat her daughter's stomach and sat next to her on their couch. Vector went over to Vanilla. "I wonder how much the doctors will pay you for your labor!" At his very young age, Vector was very greedy and loved money. He put his hand on every penny he saw. Vanilla laughed. "Vector", she began. "The doctors don't need to pay for my labor! The outcome of the labor is truly priceless!" Vector nodded. "You've got a good point, kid ", he said. "I would sacrifice every penny I have if I had a child, but I don't!" Vanilla laughed again. Her mother hugged her, tightly. "Are you ready to open your gifts, yet?" she asked. Vanilla smiled. "Anytime you feel like it, Mom!" she replied. She opened her gifts one by one. She had gotten red baby pajamas with a hoodie, a new baby crib, red baby hoodies, a red pacifier, and a little playpen. Vanilla thanked everyone for the gifts. She was so happy she could cry. The friends then ate  the baby shower cake and hugged tightly, 'goodbye'.