An Accidental Miracle- Part Six

A few more months had passed since the baby shower when one evening right before dinner, Vanilla began to have bad cramps. "Ow!" she moaned about every 20 minutes, much to Mephiles' dismay. "Mephiles", Vanilla said in agony. "Please call the doctor now!" Mephiles got on the phone, told the doctor what was going on, then ran to his wife. "Vanilla", he said. "We have to go to the hospital right now, you're going into labor!" Vanilla's eyes widened. "Really?" she asked. Mephiles nodded. "You're having a contraction." He said. "You will have two more after this one, and the baby will be ready to be born. Vanilla groaned in agony. "Two more of these, still?" she said, nearly crying. "I can't do it!" Mephiles picked up his girlfriend and walked as quickly as he could to his car. Vanilla moaned and cried the whole way to the hospital, and after what seemed like eternity to her, she was able to be admitted into the hospital bed. Vanilla laid down on the cozy mattress, still in pain, but a little more comfortable. The contraction had gone away at last. Mephiles was sitting in a chair right next to his girlfriend. Vanilla looked drained. Her stomach was bigger than ever. All she could do was hope that her delivery was going to be perfect. A few hours later, another contraction came, but instead of panicking, she just breathed in and out calmly, until the pain had gone away. Mephiles smiled at his wife. He was so happy that she'd stuck with the pregnancy after all this time. He was also extremely excited to finally meet his new son. It was 3:00 a.m. and Mephiles was looking out the window when he heard a scream of agony. He rushed over to his girlfriend and yelled for a nurse. It was Vanilla's third contraction. The nurse ran into the room, telling Vanilla to 'push' as hard as she could. With every push, Vanilla let out a loud scream. "One more big push, Vanilla!" said the nurse, excitedly. Vanilla pushed with all her might, and out came a little baby hedgehog, crying from being away from his mother's womb. The nurses rushed out the door to take the baby to the bath. Another nurse came in to clean up the sheets from the pregnancy, then left the room. Vanilla was taking deep breaths and closing her eyes. She was exhausted, but filled with joy. She and her boyfriend held hands. "We did it", she said, tired but happy. "We stayed through the pregnancy. We are officially parents. Our baby has finally arrived." Mephiles nodded in excitement. "I'm so proud of you", he said, still holding her hand. "Thank you for not aborting the little baby. You're such a strong girl." Mephiles and Vanilla hugged, then took a nap while they excitedly awaited to see their newborn.