Thawed (Jackunzel)

This is dedicated to you. Yes, you.

I want to thank you, my dear reader, for reading this sorry excuse of a fanfic. There are a lot of great fanfics out there, and you took the liberty to choose my humble work. Thank you soooo much! I love you to bits! :3

★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★

"Wow! Your highness, it really suits you!"

I turned around and saw my reflection in the mirror. My hair was in a braid like the one that the children in the townsquare did; tuck between the spaces of the braid were little white stephanotis. My gown was pure white with a hint of gold on the linings; with it I was wearing an embroidered elbow length gloves. I was also wearing the floral diamond necklace my mother gave me on my coronation day. Everything was sparkling.

I turned to my lady-in-waiting, Emilia and we both giggled. "Where's Eugene?" I asked, "I want to show him my dress!" And then, as if my sentence was a go signal, Eugene bursted at the door, "I'm here!" I felt myself grinning.

"Eugene!" I hugged him. "So," I said and gave a little twirl, "...what do you think?"

He smiled warmly at me, "It's really beautiful Rapunzel..." and then he gave a little chuckle, "But there's still two hours before the wedding."

"I know..." I said in a sulky tone, "But I couldn't wait any longer!"

He laughed at that. "Hey Rapunzel," his face suddenly became serious, "...are you really sure..."

I cut him out, "For the umpteenth time, of course I'm sure. I've never been sure my entire life." I looked at my surroundings nostalgically. "I'll be leaving all this behind, huh? Hey Emilia..."

"Yes, your highness?"

"I'm going to take a look at the garden for a little bit." I was almost out of the room when I heard her say, "Don't climb trees and make your dress dirty." I just laughed at that and gave them a parting wave.

I arrived at the garden in minutes despite the castle being way too big. I took in all of my surroundings; the orange Asiatic Lilies, the huge and elegant fountain, the little bushes that were trimmed to perfection, everything. I sighed inwardly. This really is goodbye huh?

I was sitting on the bench near the fountain when I heard a scuffling noise. I was on high alert, but it soon faded and was replaced by a warm feeling when I heard his voice, "Your highness..."

I felt myself smile. It's been ages since I heard that icy voice of his, "You finally came," I turned around and saw the dashing man in front of me. He was the same boy I knew years ago; his black tuxedo that made him even paler, his white hair was as messy as ever, and those eyes... Those striking blue eyes that both held mischief and care.

His name flowed flawlessly through my mouth...

"Jack..."

★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★~~~☆~~~★

A/N: Another note, yes. I just want y'all to know that I'll update this story every Wednesday and/or Saturday. But there will be a time where I'll update this a little bit earlier, I don't know... XD

VOTE | COMMENT | FAN

Shirayuki © . All Rights Reserved . 2014

DATE STARTED: March 29, 2014

DATE WRITTEN: March 29, 2014