Chapter V

Chapter 5

I went around the huge table and hugged him, "I love you Father. You're the best king and father a girl could ever wish for."

Father chuckled at that. "Yes, that I am. Now," he let go of me and placed his hands firmly on my small shoulders. "I trust that you find a great man as your husband. Don't disappoint me."

I nodded my head and gave him my brightest smile. "I won't disappoint you Father. I promise."

"Good. Now go get your husband!"

I laughed at that and gave him another hug. "Thank you." I then went out of his office and skipped my way to the fields, knowing Jack is there. It was where I got the flowers that I gave to my Mum when I was little. I made my way up the rock wall, careful not to step on its collapsing part. I looked around, trying to find Jack's white mop of hair in the vast field. Ah, there he is! He's on that same spot where I got the flowers. I quickly made my way to him.

"Hey Mr. Grumpy Pants." I said and then sat down beside him, not minding the dirt and grass that will surely soil my dress later.

Jack frowned at me. "Go away Rapunzel, I'm busy. And I'm not grumpy."

I rolled my eyes at that. "Sure you are." I then turned and looked at what he's doing. He's making a bookmark. "Hey," I pointed at the flower he was about to paste on the hand-made bookmark. "Is that the flower I gave you when we were kids?"

Jack quickly turned away from me. "It's none of your business." I swear I saw his ears turn red.

"You're my butler, so your business is my business. I'm going to ask you again, is that the flower I gave to you before? May I take a look?" I cocked my head to the side and looked at him. I saw him fidget and grumble before he sighed, "Alright, alright. You win. Here you go." He handed me the finished bookmark.

I stared at it in awe. It was really beautiful. The intricate patterns surrounding the flower, some I recognized as our family's insignia, was making the white carnation stand out. "Wow..." I stroked the bookmark one last time before it was taken away by Jack. "Jack, you're really good at this! Can you teach me how to make one? Please?" I gave him my most hard to resist puppy eyes. "Pretty please with cherry on top?"

He gave me an annoyed look, "Geez..." he said something after that, but I couldn't quite hear it. Now I know what Mother Gothel feels about the mumbling. After being silent for a while, Jack moved and kneeled in front of me. I eyed him curiously. A small gasp escaped my lips as I felt his cold yet soft fingers on my heated cheeks.

I looked directly at his eyes. Fondness and regret - those were some of the emotions I saw in his eyes. Those magnetic blue eyes I can't help but stare at...

I was completely spellbound by his eyes that I didn't notice our faces, no - lips, are just centimeters apart. Closer... Jack caressed my right cheek, making me close my eyes and lean at his touch. Just a bit more... And then, just like that, we kissed.

_____________________________________________________

"You seem to be in a really good mood today, Your Highness." Emilia said while helping me brush my hair. "Did something good happen?"

Oh yes Emilia, something amazing happened. "No, nothing happened. Why do you ask?" She gave me a knowing smile as an answer. Okay, she is acting strange again.

"Your hair is done Your Highness." Emilia stood up and fixed her things. "I will take my leave now, good night." She gave a slight bow before closing the door, leaving me to myself. I sighed. I'm alone again.

It sure is wonderful if I have a sibling or two. It doesn't matter if my sibling is a girl or a boy, he or she will be beyond adorable and I will have lots of fun dressing him or her up. Or we can go and chase each other in the hallways or make a mess in the kitchen or maybe paint together! Life with siblings is so much fun. The closest thing I have here is Jack.