Chapter 4

Maybe it was the feeling of hearing Cody Carson singing with his angelic, almost teal voice. Or maybe it was the feeling that just yesterday he'd met someone who's voice was brighter than the sky on a sunny day.

Or possibly, it was the fact he's just found out that he actually landed a job at the coffee shop next to his apartment block.

It wasn't exactly a traditional interview where you sit infront of someone and answer questions on why you need that job and why you should work there. It was a kind of 'show me your skills' interview. So all Keith had to do was put on an apron and hat, make some coffee and work the register. Simple.

The 'interviewer' - Mr. Richards - said that even if Keith was a bad worker, which he was assured by Mr. Richards that he wasn't, the coffee shop was understaffed and needed all the workers they could get. And so, that meant Keith started work as soon as possible.

Sadly, it was only a minimum wage job of $8.10 an hour but hey, it's still a job. (Mini authors note!: I literally had to google a random minimum wage in America and found this. I thought it was a fourtune untill I realised it was in dollars ;-;)

He opened the door to the apartment he shared and took noticed that only Allura was home. Doing yoga right infront of the TV.

"What the hell? I thought you kept that shit in your class." Keith murmred. But it was still loud enough for Allura to hear. She got out of whatever postion she was in and gave Keith a half-glare as he entered the kitchen.

"Oh c'mon Keith, you'd love yoga!" Allura said, her voice turning a softer pink.

"Allura," Keith whined. "I just got back from my interview." He finished grabbing some drink out of the fridge.

"Speaking of," Allura said plopping herself down on the couch turing on some sitcom. "How'd it go?"

"Let's just say i'm not gonna be in the place for six hours tomorrow." He smirked, joining Allura on the couch.

"You're joking." Allura deadpanned, staring at him.

Keith smiled, indicating he wasn't joking. Allura smiled back and hugged him tightly in a congratulatory hug.

"That's amazing!" She shouted. Probably so loud that the people living two floors downstairs could hear.

"What's amazing?" A grey voiced joined them. They both turned around to see Shrio stood in his black suit looking as smart as ever.

"Keith got the job!" Allura shouted again. Shiro looked at Keith with a huge smile on his face. And it wasn't the fake smile he put on when he went to business meetings. It was his genuine, proud dad smile.

"At least i'm not the only one with a job now." Shiro said as he put down his brief case. "Speaking of jobs, I have the next three weeks off which means..." He trailed off as he sat next to Allura on the couch, wrapping his arm around her.

"Which means... We can go get ice cream tomorrow!" Allura said like an excited kid. Which wasn't a far off comparison of her entire personality. Shiro gave a small chuckle to her childlike behaviour.

"You betcha." He said smiling softly. They nuzzled eachothers noses before they just cuddled on the couch watching whatever was on the TV.

Keith swore, one day this couple would give him cavities.

Keith had never seen a couple more in love than Shiro and Allura. They were perfect together. Even when they fought, they both knew it would blow over in a day or so. They could never stay angry at the other for longer than three days. Keith longed for something like that. Something so pure and innocent yet meaningful. Sure, Keith had been relationships in the past. But they never truely meant anything.