Playing The Player

:Chapter Fifteen:

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the bathroom was the state of my hair. It was... disgusting, to put it mildly. Picture yourself just after a shower, with your hair stringy because of the water, because that's what my hair looked like. Except a hundred times worse. Because of the drink, my hair was now sticking together, and when I gingerly tried to pull one of the strands apart, it seemed determined to not budge. At all.

I cringed at the thought of Liam seeing me like this, because it was far from an attractive sight. I figured I had at least ten minutes before Blake made an appearance, and if I were quick, it would probably be just enough time to get this stuff out of my hair. Without wasting a second, I turned on the tap, trying to figure out the quickest way to wash my hair without getting the rest of me wet.

Rinsing my hair with the tap water was a complete chore, and rubbing shampoo with your eyes closed wasn't easy either. All I could think about was how much trouble Whitney had caused me, and she hadn't even realised it. All I wanted to do now was to just go to sleep, but I had Nina 101 with Blake, and it wasn't like I could really cancel now last minute. I hated it when people cancelled last minute.

Just as I was rubbing shampoo into my hair, the doorbell rang, and I groaned. Great. Blake was here. I couldn't let him see me like this, but it wasn't like I could just open the door and tell him to leave because he had made his way all the way here. It wasn't like I was going to open the door and let him see me like this either.

All of a sudden, a genius idea popped into my head, and I congratulated myself for coming up with such an amazing idea just as the doorbell rang again. He was obviously impatient, I thought as I wrapped a towel around my neck, grabbing my phone. I crept up against the window in my room and pulled the curtain back slightly so I could see him. He was standing on the front porch, his hands shoved in his pockets as he looked around. I held one hand to my mouth as the other one pressed Dial Blake Carter, my eyes still glued to his figure.

I watched him as he pulled out his phone from his pocket, and held it to his ear. "Hayleigh?" He said, his voice making me jump. "Open the door, I'm outside."

I trained my eyes down to my towel, making sure it was safely secured around my neck, before holding a hand to my mouth as I spoke. "I can't, I'm sick."

"Sick? You looked fine today," He said, his voice puzzled. I could see him running his hand through his hair, and I was surprised at how much I wanted to do that myself.

I pretended to cough. "Yeah, well I'm really sick."

"Really?" His voice was amused. Amused? It was meant to be believing!

"Yeah. I think I have a virus."

"It's the middle of July."

"Yeah," I lied unconvincingly, "That's really smart of you, congratulations Blake you know what month we're in!"

"Hayleigh." Down below me, I could see him letting out a breath. "Come down."

"Why?" I demanded. For crying out loud, didn't he know what no meant? I didn't want him to see me with my hair drenched in shampoo and Diet Coke.

"Because you're not sick."

I coughed.

"Hayleigh," He said again, and this time he looked up at the window. I knew he couldn't see me however; I was slightly behind the curtain. "I can see you."

Shocked, I looked at him properly this time rather than the outline of his figure, and what was on his face? Another stupid, sexy smirk. "That's not me," I lied quickly, "I'm in bed. You must be looking at Nina."