Playing The Player

:Chapter Twenty-Nine:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Anger was mixed with jealousy and I think even hurt on Blake's face as he spoke, his eyes directly looking at the guy I had been pretending to be flirting with. Looking back and forth, I could see now that I had made a terrible mistake. The guy was leaning slightly back, looking confident and incredibly cocky, and I realised that it wasn't out of pure niceness that made him agree to help me. He'd obviously known Blake, probably quite well.

I stepped forward; it was my fault after all. "Blake, listen - "

He turned on me, the hurt now excruciatingly clear in his eyes. "What? What could you possibly say that would make this better?"

I looked frantically from the guy to Blake, from Blake to the guy, then back to Blake, and took a deep breath. Maybe this was meant to happen. Maybe something good could happen out of this. I forced an expression of calmness to take over my features, and flipped my hair back casually. "Make what better? I don't see any problem."

Blake looked at me, anger now replacing the hurt. "Maybe the fact that you were throwing yourself at my brother?"

The guy stepped forward, a smirk that now looked eerily similar to Blake's on his face. "Hi, my name's Nate. It's nice to meet you," He said, being friendly.

Shock. Confusion. "What?" I stammered. "He's your brother? Blake - I - I didn't know, I swear. I was only trying to - " I swallowed my pride, mentally bracing myself to say the next few words, "I was only trying to make you jealous. Ask Nate."

Nate shrugged.

"Whatever," Blake muttered, turning around. Immediately, he disappeared into the crowd, with girls clamouring for his attention and guys trying to get him involved with a beer pong or something. I turned to Nate, accusation in my eyes, but he had gone.

What was going on?

There was no point in staying here anymore. The whole idea was terrible, and even if Blake had gotten jealous, the reasons weren't the right ones. Everything was plain stupid and even though I wanted to blame Courtney for the whole thing, there was a small part of me that liked the idea of dressing up and wearing a short dress.

Walking home, I felt like the biggest loser. The heels I wore were killing me, so in the end I just gave up and took them off, holding them by their heels and I walked barefoot. It was like the walk of shame, except I hadn't hooked up with anyone because the person I wanted probably hated me right now.

I unlocked the front door, grabbing a pair of loose sweatpants and my favourite hoodie, changing before grabbing make up wipes and wiping the junk off my face. I picked a book and covering myself in blankets, feeling safe and protected. At least here there would be nobody here to reject me. I didn't care if I was considered a nerd, because I liked studying and I liked reading and I liked getting good marks in exams.

Just as I was getting comfortable, the doorbell rung. Sighing, I draped the covers over my shoulders so I would keep warm, and trudged downstairs. I knew I looked like absolute crap, but it was probably just going to be Nina, complaining about how bad the party was. At least this time I could agree with her.

I unlocked the door and my eyes widened at the person in front of me.

Managing to surprise me yet again, was Blake Carter.

*******************************************************************************

Until next time, ♥ xx M

Hey you, yes you with the face, you're fucking AMAZING. :)