Playing The Player

:Chapter Sixteen:
"I heard he got busted for having closet sex with the gym teacher."

"Apparently he grows his own weed."

"Someone told me he hires prostitutes and strippers at his parties."

Rumours flew around me as I walked down the hallway, and though I normally didn't pay attention to them, my eyebrows rose as I heard them. I mean, people would gossip everyday, but this was just ridiculous. It had to be a new student, I figured, because what else could extract such a response? I also came to the conclusion that he must be very good-looking, because I heard things that should just not be said in public. Actually, they shouldn't be said anywhere.

First period - Economics. Still pondering over what it was that made the new guy who did not yet have a face or a name so special, I made my way to the classroom. I mean, he was obviously seen as some kind of badass. I wondered if he was nice as I walked through the door and my lips curved up into a smile as I saw Colt waving at me, gesturing for me to go over.

"Hey," I greeted, standing awkwardly as the people around him laughed raucously, punching each other. "What's up?"

Colt looked at me, an apologetic smile on his lips. "Hey, listen, I'm really sorry about the other night. I'm such a dick, I ruined everything."

I shook my head. "No, no you're not! It wasn't your fault." I smiled sympathetically at him.

"Yeah it was," Liam chimed in angrily next to him. I looked at him, surprised. "You're an asshole," He continued.

I shook my head desperately, holding my hands up as I tried to calm the chaos down; Colt was looking angry and ready to throw a punch.

"Liam, it's fine, don't worry about it. Colt, just sit down. I'm not mad."

To my relief, they both seemed happy with just glaring at each other. I was in the middle of exhaling when the teacher, Mr Russo entered, shushing the class as he took the roll and started to write things on the board. Deciding that Blake wasn't here today, because he was in this class, I took his seat between Colt and Liam, copying down the notes.

Around ten minutes into the lesson, the door slammed open, and Blake walked in. I gasped as I saw his appearance, and immediately had the urge to just run over and give him a huge hug. Beside me, Liam and Colt exchanged smirks.

"Mr Carter - would you care to inform the class why you are late?" The teacher demanded.

Blake shrugged. "Not really."

Mr Russo glared at him, but Blake being Blake, who just really looked bored, looked back, obviously not caring about whether he got in trouble. Finally Mr Russo just sighed and walked back to the front, his steps more aggressive as he address the class again. As Blake walked to the back, I remembered that I was in his seat, and quickly jumped out of it, grabbing my books and my bag.

Blake took the now unoccupied seat, but to my surprise, he roughly grabbed my bags and dropped them to the floor before snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me on top of him.

What?

I immediately started squirming. "Blake, let me go," I hissed, trying to pull myself free.

Blake didn't say anything, digging his head into my neck as his front was pressed against my back. His voice was muffled, and I could feel his lips moving against my neck as he spoke. "Please."

Embarrassed, I looked around. Mr Russo was determinedly not looking in our direction, and while a lot of the students were snaking looks at us and whispering, the only people that I talked to in this class were Blake, Colt, and Liam. The last two mentioned were exchanging smug looks, and they quickly rearranged their faces into innocent looks when I sent them a glare, although really, I was just glad they weren't arguing anymore.