The Fall

When they found out Jasper was alive Clarke, Bellamy, Finn, Murphy, and Wells went out in search for him. Clarke was the most scared but she knew he was alive, it was a feeling inside her gut that made her find him.

When we saw Jasper it was a gruesome sight. We never saw much blood, gore, or even wounds on the ark, but what we saw that day....I will never forget.

Jasper high up on a mounted wood teepee, his arms so pale, his stomach so slow to move, and his feet covered in mud. Vines snaked around his whole body and surrounding us was tall green grass, one foot and a half I would say. The sun shone down through the leaves of the trees, the wind strong and powerful and Clarke ran forward. If Bell wasn't there to catch her she would have died. Hidden on the ground was ditches filled with spears. Wrong step, wrong move, too much weight, and you are a spit roast.

"Mom why did they do that?" Olive asked me in her sweet voice.

"Anyone who interferes, who goes somewhere they should not are a threat. To them Jasper was a threat and anyone who followed. They made those holes filled with spears to kill the threat and to leave no one alive...or in sight." She looked up and shook her head.

"They are smart but it is stupid too." I laugh and kissed her cheek.

"Off to bed, tomorrow we will continue, my children. " I said in grounder. I smiled and walked out of the half beaten down brick house. I say on the old crumbling walls ledge and watched the sky. The twinkles, the glow, the stillness of the night. Lincoln was up there, and I wish I was too....