Continue

Through the eyes there was food roaming. Not having eaten in a week, this was a blessing. The grass crunching under foot, the blades in front of the eyes, and the whiskers up and pointed to feel everything. Targets for food, and desperate for hunger, the animal charged at its prey but a shot hit his side. Not a spear, not a rock, but a metal ball, and he grew angrier. Sleek black, ears keen to listen, body shaped for stealth, the creature stayed under sneaking up on its next victim. The creature charged for Bellamy, looking up in horror a single shot rang out. The teeth snapped so close to his face and then suddenly it dropped to the ground dead. Everyone paused to look at it and saw the black panther dead on the ground. Looking behind him,  Wells had saved him, he stole the gun from Bell and shot the creature right before he went for his neck.

Finn and Murphy has finally cut down Jasper, who is feverish, groaning, and in extreme pain. Hours later they make it back to camp with two surprises.

One: Jasper who is alive but dying.
Two: The dead panther for food.

Then big brother Bell had a ultimatum, you could only eat if the wristband was taken off.
The wristband that communicated with the Ark to let them know if the ground is survivable.