Chapter 13

The large doors opened when the elevator stopped, revealing the hallway with orange tinted lighting. Yet, that wasn't what caught your attention at first.

A strange figure greeted the three of you with an inhuman cry. It's body was made out of large vines, arms and legs green and rigid, all the way up to its torso. Its head resembled, what you could say, was a large opening of a rose bud, tilted to the side with piranha sharp teeth, pointed like doctor's syringes. The creature had vine-like tentacles extruding from its back, wiggling wildly and growing longer by the second, trying to whip at your skin.

Leon fired first, getting bullets in its open mouth and causing it to stumble back a little. "Plants! Wonderful!" You shouted, shooting at the mouth when you saw it open every few seconds. The plant-human figure let out a gargled cry before collapsing, falling to its knees, like a zombie reacting to getting shot in the head. "What the hell was that!? A plant? An animal!?" Claire walked by it, keeping her gaze on it so it wouldn't wake up. "Great questions, but no answers Claire." You replied, keeping your eyes forward.

Click! Click! Came the sounds up above, strange shadows were cast to the floor, resembling a human doing an alligator crawl. "Oh no, why now?!" You whined, looking up and expecting what you saw to be correct.

It was. It was another one of those sloth clawed, long tongued, crawling pink human beasts. "Got a name for this one Leon?" You examined it crawling above you on the thin platforms. The other frames shaking, allowing it to fall any minute.

"I got a few ideas." Leon kept his aim towards the creature. One of the weak platforms collapsed, sending the creatures your level. It turned its head to your direction, long tongue stretching out with a hiss. You started to shoot at its brain, thinking of a name in the process. It died rather quickly, the brain bursting a little from your extra gunfire. "How about Sloths?" Claire said out of the blue.

"Sloths is a good one,...but these things crawl faster than-", you were cut off by two more platforms falling, revealing two of the crawling creatures scurrying towards you. "-Than rats!" You fired, taking out the first one, leaving the body to trip the other creature and send it tumbling. Claire fired her shotgun, having the creature killed with a missing head. "What about 'Lickers'?"

"Leon!" Claire cried, in which, Leon rose his hands slightly in defense. "What?? That was my idea!" "I can see how that can make sense...and sound wrong at the same time, Alright, Lickers it is then." You walked over the bodies, continuing ahead. Claire did a 'hmph' and followed you, leaving Leon a confused mess for a moment before catching up.

You slowly approached the corner, listening for any sort of click or strange slither. You did manage to hear a faint slither, causing you to prepare yourself. You turned the corner to come across two more of the plant creatures, tentacles waving wildly as a threat. You shot them in the heads, just like any other zombie. They fell to the ground with a sound that reminded you of rustling leaves in the fall, making you feel a bit nostalgic. You pushed the thought aside and continued on towards the next corner.

The two that were still in the other hallway heard a scream come from your mouth, followed by rapid gunfire. It sent them both immediately running around the corner to get you. When they showed up, they were greeted by you, standing in the middle of the hallway, with two zombies dead at your feet.

"(Y/N)? What happened?! Are you hurt??" Leon stepped over, turning you gently by your shoulder to face him. You had your hand over your mouth, a blush vibrant on your cheeks. Your eyes were tightly shut. "What is it??" He asked. You pointed your gun to the corpses, moving your hand to speak, "These zombies are naked!"

Claire looked over in surprise, seeing the two mutilated, naked males with bulletholes on the ground. "Woah, okay I did not need to see that." She looked away, clearing her throat. Leon started to chuckle, staring at you the whole time. "Never seen a naked man before, have you?" You slapped his wounded shoulder gently, causing him to hiss a little. "No Leon! I haven't seen a naked man! Ever!!"