Chapter 14

"Come on, wake up. (Y/N), wake up." A faint voice from the darkness made you stir. Your head was piercing with a headache, your heartbeat thundering in your ears. Your vision was still black, but faints of grey and white started to show.

A pair of cool hands rested on your shoulders, shaking you gently but firmly. "(Y/N), you don't have much time, wake up." A groan escaped your lips, every part of your body sore as if you exhausted yourself from plenty of exercises. Your throat burned, your mind quickly recalling the events that happened. You opened your eyes slowly, getting used to your surroundings. You expected to be dead at this point, you thought you were going to land face first in lava. You weren't hot anymore, you were freezing.

To your surprise, you were actually out of the blast furnace room. You were now in the hallway where the elevator had you first arrive, a few feet away from the Security Room that Sherry was resting in. Blood splattered the walls and the floor, showing the old corpses Claire had shot during your arrival. Now, new corpses showed up on the ground, heads shot open or missing in pieces, blood puddling the areas. You turned your head to see your apparent savior, your vision clearing up to see the familiar red uniform. "Ada...?"

She looked into your eyes, her hands bringing over some familiar fresh green herbs on crisp stems, alongside some similar looking red herbs with faint yellow veins. "Good, you're awake."

She started to rip off the leaves from the stems, pressing them together and rolling them up into a small tube. "I...am not, eating that." You slowly sat up, wincing in the pain shooting up your spine.
"Trust me. I wouldn't either," She smirked a little in her work, "But unfortunately, they aren't dry, and we can't make them into spray. You have no other choice." She put the rolled up leaves to your lips.

You hesitantly opened your mouth, allowing the woman to shove the rolled up leaves inside. You were hit with an overpowering bitter taste, much more bitter than what you expected wet grass to taste like. When you started to chew, the flavor only intensified from the waxy leaves, making your eyes water. You started to gag. Ada informed you to keep chewing, watching you the whole time so you didn't spit it out. You swallowed slowly, coughing from the flavor. "Dear God.." you sighed, irritated by the taste left in your mouth.  "There. Like a kid eating their vegetables." Ada said.

"Wait..Ada," You sat forward, not expecting your vision to get blurry from your sudden movements. Ada immediately grabbed onto your arms to steady you, "Where's Leon and Claire?" You looked at her, seeing her expressionless face, clouded with her mystery. "They thought you were dead. You took heavy damage from the Tyrant. Thankfully, no open wounds."
She slowly let go of you. "They left towards the labs to retrieve the vaccine for the girl."

"What!? They went alone!?" You started to rise up to your knees, every joint in your body making it difficult to move. Ada slowly helped, grabbing onto your arms to get you up on your feet. "I have to go help them-"

"Don't. You're in no condition to fight, best thing to do at the moment is to stay with the girl until they return."

"I can't do that! Ada, they need me!" You had her let go of you, but she grabbed ahold of your shoulders instead, her tight hold stopping you. "(Y/N), If your boyfriend was here, he'd want you to be safe, wouldn't he?" You stopped, looking at her with a surprised stare. My boyfriend?!?

"I..I guess so." You responded quietly, turning your gaze away.
She patted your shoulder, letting you go and motioning towards the Security room. "Wait here until they return, I'm sure they won't be long." She started to walk down the bloody hallway, her heels making a loud clicking. "Wait, Ada!" You called out to her, listening to her steps slow into a stop. "Is it true what Annette said about you? You're only here for this....this damn G-Virus?"