House Party

Thomas was a peculiar guy in his own way. He was as tall, but more handsomely strapping than most Sigma Alpha Epsilon men. He had that James Dean look. Young Hollywood badass with sex appeal - those stinging green eyes that could either say "Fuck off." or "Fuck me.", if he gave them permission to.  Sure, his personality was nothing short of an arrogant asshole. But behind his pretentious facade, was a light-hearted, lovable young man and a deeply devoted friend to many.

Jace on the other hand, was too preoccupied with battling his own issues and juggling between his libido and his brain to take on that kind of emotional responsibility of relationships. He adjusted the crotch of his chino shorts in the mirror and combed back his thick locks with a tube of wet styling gel he bought for his Grandpa's funeral.

There was nothing left to do, but to wait for Thomas to finish changing, so Jace sat atop his bed and bent down, lacing up his Vans.

"I'm almost ready! Don't leave without me!", Thomas shouted from the bathroom. He had been massaging his hair with leave in conditioner for ten minutes straight. "It has to be perfect.", thought Thomas. His hair was one of the major reasons girls even talked to him, besides his enticing smile and golden charm, or so he thought.

A few moments passed and the boys made their way down to the foyer, where the party was starting. Ross and another young fellow named Noah smiled as they hauled an ice cold keg into the frat house. The fraternity brothers stood and cheered.

"Uh, I'm glad everyone is happy that the beer arrived, but this shit is heavy!", Ross exclaimed. Noah wobbled down the hallway as he struggled to carry the huge tank. "Yeah, someone help us bring this into the kitchen before my arms fall off."

Three SAE men immediately took hold of the keg, while some others handled the red solo cups and ice buckets. By the time they were through setting up, The kitchen countertop was covered with family size bags of chips and tray stacks of hamburgers, hotdogs, and buffalo wings.

At 10 p.m., one group after the other began to shuffle into the house through the mansion's front doors. Jace and Noah were put on door duty.

Austin pitched them the rules, "Our goal is to fundraise $2,000. It should be a piece of cake. If you do that, then we can pay for our Utilities bill this month and have money left over for group activities. Head charge is $20 per male and free for Fraternity Presidents, like Jake and I."

"Who's Jake?", Noah asked. Jace wondered too, and looked at Austin.

"Jake Paul. He runs the Omega Psi Phi fraternity here at UCLA."

They nodded.

Ross interjected, "Yeah, he's blonde with a funny face and blue eyes. Kind of like me, but a walking talking douche bag."

"Hey! That's my friend..", Thomas shouted in his Scottish accent.

Austin waited for them to stop talking and continued, "When you see Jake, let him in. Also - if they're bringing food, beer or anything that could stain our furniture, I want them to go directly to the kitchen."

Noah interrupted, "So, when do we get to party? No offense, but this is my first SAE party and I don't want to spend it collecting buckets of money from girls and watching other people dance with them. That's like reverse prostitution."

"Yeah, but in this situation we're the pimps.", said Jace with a laugh.

Noah didn't laugh. He was mad at Jace and this entire situation of being forced to work with him tonight. Their friendship fell apart when Jace started dating Noah's ex-girlfriend Daniella Perkins. It infuriated Noah and according to him, Jace broke the bro-code.