I love being with you

Oliver and I drank for hours that night, getting happier with every sip of the poisonous liquid. I knew nobody would hurt me as long as he was by my side.

The lights were dim and multicoloured in the club, painting waves of rainbow light across both our faces. The dark, deep blues and purples defined the bone structure of Oliver's already godly structured face. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"I love being with you." He said as we danced along to some early 2000s pop track together. It reminded me of the madness of Avis and I's dancing at Halloween. That chaotic beauty was something I fell in love with, but I didn't fall in love with Avis. The same couldn't be said for her.
"That's deep." I laughed back and took another sip of my drink. At that point in the night, I didn't care what I was drinking; if it was alcoholic I was happy.
"I want to take you somewhere." He said, taking my hand and pulling me somewhere. I didn't care where I was going, he could have been dragging me outside to kill me and I would have smiled the whole time.

We walked for about twenty minutes before he put his hands over my eyes and lead me somewhere mysteriously. My heart was racing, we could be going anywhere. Maybe another party? A restaurant? I could only imagine the possibilities. We exited the doors of a lift and cold air hit my face immediately.
"Okay, here." He said, taking away his hands.

We were stood on the roof of the highest building for miles. I could practically touch the clouds from where I was standing. I had never realised my fear of heights until that moment, but the fear was over ruled by excitement. It was such a simple gesture, but one he knew I would appreciate.
"Do you like it?" He walked forward, watching my face.
"Yeah. I love it." I smiled and broke my eye contact with the skyline.
"You love the skyline, so this is a better view of it, right?" He laughed, happy with himself for cheering me up.
"It's amazing." I exclaimed, closing my eyes as the air hit my face.

Oliver walked towards the edge of the building and gestured for me to follow him. I stood by his side, watching the tiny people below as they bustled around in the darkness of the night. The city never seemed to sleep, there were always people awake. He began to climb onto the edge of it and I grabbed his arm.
"It's okay," He smiled and put his hand on the side of my face. "There's a ledge underneath if we decide to take a tumble."
I allowed him to sit on the edge of the building and climbed up myself. It was a rush, to say the least.
"We're crazy." I chuckled, looking at Oliver. I admired those copper freckles that had amazed me when we first met.
"You can say that again." He smiled to himself.

I would have expected the breeze from such a high point in the city would have been blisteringly cold. Maybe it was, but I was numb to it. I could feel the heat from Oliver's body and that was enough to keep me warm for hours. I had a great deal of admiration for that boy, I thought as I tried to pull my eyes away from him. He was perfection personified in my opinion. Perhaps he would never know how much he truly meant to me, I could never tell him. I was too scared of rejection.

We had known each other for around 3 months now, but I could hardly recall my life before him; before the nightly meetings at the balcony.

"I need to talk to you about something, and you have to promise not to hate me." Oliver suddenly changed his tone. My stomach began to bubble with that all too familiar anxiety that I had lived in for a solid week.
"What is it?" I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear me over the beeping of car horns below.
"Don't be scared, come on let's go sit." He nodded and climbed off the ledge. He offered me his hand as I attempted to get down, but I chose not to take it. We sat on top of some electrical generators and I looked deeply into his eyes. Those big hazel eyes would be so easy to fall in love with, I thought.

"What is it?" I frowned at him. The brunette took a long, thoughtful breath and cleared his throat.
"August Wilson," He looked into my eyes again, I was on the edge of the generator with anticipation. I nodded, with a slight smile.

"I'm in love with you."