Chapter Three

Thousands of Demons shouted within the stands as Jessica, Botan, Keiko and Shizuru took their seats, the match nearly starting below. "Boos" and "Kill Yusuke's" echoed off the arena walls as the Demons shouted, Botans eyes narrowing into a glare in response. Within the Ring below, Yusuke rolled his eyes, already tired of the obnoxious Demons chanting, though he quickly turned his attention to the matter at hand. Hiei and Kurama were both being confronted by two of Dr. Ichigaki's team members, Jessica knew. But soon enough... Hiei would arrive and she would see him in person for the very first time. Anxiety bubbled within her, her hands fidgeting with the hem of the dress shirt Botan had lent to her to wear. Taking a long but silent breath, she gazed out at the ring in nervous anticipation.

As the fight began however, Jessica could feel her anger growing at the evil Troll Doctor who had experimented on the three poor fighters below. When sitting there in the stands, watching the fight and knowing everything around her was real changed the feeling entirely. It was nothing like how she had remembered it from her own world, despite everything being the same. It was intense and anger-inducing on so many more levels and though she had already disliked the evil Dr. Ichigaki, now it was pure hatred.

Sitting on the edge of her seat, Jessica gazed out intensely at the fight below, only taking her eyes from the fight for a brief moment as Botan jumped up from her seat and made her way down to the arena to cheer the boys on ringside. The fight continued on, Yusuke and Kuwabara barely managing to dodge the attacks thrown at them thanks to the masked fighter. Soon, the masked fighters bandages came loose, revealing the Young Genkai, and moments later the body of one of Dr. Ichigaki's missing teammates fell from the sky, skidding across the arena and onto the ground.

Gasping, even Jessica was caught off guard having been so caught up in Yusuke's fight, but as she lifted her gaze she felt her breath hitch within her throat. The entire stadium shook as Dr. Ichigaki's robot fell from the sky in a heap, both Kurama and Hiei landing upon it. Jessica's dark eyes went wide and her body became tense, her hands tightly clutching the hem of her shirt as she gazed out at the fire demon below. Without realizing it she had begun holding her breath as both Hiei and Kurama informed everyone of where they had been and the secret behind the veruki on the opposing teams back. Managing to tear her eyes away from the fire demon, she instead looked to the evil troll doctor as he laughed, Kurama having explained that he had been behind the opposing teams masters illness all along.

Watching in silence as Kuwabara attempted to break through to the three innocent fighters and was knocked out of the ring, a concerned expression etched over Jessica's features. Jessica knew Kuwabara would be alright, but it still bothered her. How evil could this troll doctor be, she wondered? Of course she knew that he was probably one of the most evil creatures in this world. Despite knowing how the fight would turn out, it still left her feeling so many intense emotions. Once the fight began to take a turn and Yusuke's energy began to increase, Jessica shifted her gaze once more to Hiei as both he and Kurama had approached the Doctor. From such a distance it seemed difficult to tell but she felt as though he returned her gaze, her heart seemingly skipping a beat in her chest at the possibility.

As she had thought however, Hiei had shifted his crimson gaze to the new girl seated in the stands alongside Shizuru and Keiko, his brow raising curiously. Though he quickly turned his attention back to the evil troll standing before him and the fight going on that he was forced to refrain from taking part in or else forfeit the fight. However a strange feeling had overcome him the instant he had arrived within the arena, sensing her aura almost immediately out of the vast numbers of demons around him. It had caught him off guard, which was not something that happened often. The girls energy was different from anyone elses he'd ever sensed, though he could tell she was human even from such a distance. Shrugging the matter off for the moment, he focused instead on the fight at hand, watching as Yusuke began to power up for an attack.