Prologue

She moved backwards in the room she was hiding in. She could the foot steps getting closer as she gripped her light saber in her hand. She was aboard a ship that had been over run by clone troopers when order 66 had been given. She wasn’t going to survive if she didn’t think fast. Most of the troopers knew she was a Jedi, so she wasn’t sure who was going to walk into the room. She moved further into the room waiting for the person to enter. The door to her room slide open and she jumped out ready to attack who ever it was. She stopped her light saber at the neck of the person who had come in. It was lucky she had restraint because she realized last second that she was about to kill a Republic Senator. She deactivated her light saber as she took in the man who had entered the room.

            He was tall, at six feet with broad shoulders and a lean muscular body hidden underneath the formal robes of a senator. His dark hair was cut short and parted to one side, his skin was dark and he had a beard and goatee the same color as his hair. She met his dark brown eyes with blue ones and felt herself take a small sigh of relief, he was the last person she expected to see but she sure was glad to see him. She was so glad to see him, in fact, that she threw her arms around him and hugged him tight. He was obviously surprised but he hugged her back, taking the opportunity to reveal in the feeling of having the woman he loved back in his arms.

            “Bail” She whispered as she pulled back. She hadn’t left his arms though; she just looked up at him as she rests in his arms. “What are you doing here? I thought you were on your way back to Alderaan”

            “I was when I heard about order 66” He took her out of his arms, moving to her closet. He pulled out a dress she had kept even though she hated it. She had worn in once for him when he took her to the opera on Coruscant, she was supposed to be his escort to keep him safe because Senators had been attacked. He held it up, and then tossed it to her. “Put this on, you’ll need it.”

            “Why?” She asked but moved behind a screen and quickly undressed, then pulled the dress on. It was a long beautiful red dress that clung to her upper body, but flared out around the hips. It was long sleeved, off the shoulder dress. She came out from behind the curtain, pulling on her shoes. “What’s going on?”

            “We don’t have much time; I’ll explain on the way, do you have a normal cloak?” He asked. She nodded and pulled out a plain white cloak out of her closet. “You’d better keep your saber hidden”

            They took off after her placed the hood over her head. She blushed as she felt his fingers brush against the side of her face, but she looked away so he wouldn’t notice. She took the hand he held out to her and he pulled her along. He walked fast, avoiding the clone troopers the best he could. He blasted a few troopers as they moved quickly. They found his small ship. They took off and he maneuvered them towards Naboo. He put the ship on autopilot before getting up from the pilot’s seat and went over to where she stood staring out into the vast space. He pulled her close as he put one hand on the side of her face and the other on her back. He pressed his lips to hers. She kissed him back.

            “Katalina, I’ve missed you “He whispered as he pulled back from the kiss, and stroke her cheek gently. She closed her eyes then she pulled away, she needed to know what was going on, she needed to know if her brother was alive.

            “Bail” Kat moved away to stand by the window as she wrapped the cloak tighter around her shoulders. It wasn’t cold in the ship, but she was. “Why are we going to Naboo and Obi Wan…? Is he?”

            “Obi Wan is fine” Bail stood next to her, putting his arms behind his back in a rather military like stance. He could tell she was happy when he glanced quickly in her next and saw a small smile appear on her face.  “We are going to Naboo because Senator Amidala is dead”

            “What?” Kat exclaimed softly “How did that happen?”

            “Master Skywalker… he turned to the dark side”

            “How… how is that possible?”

            “I don’t know”