Morning Skirmish [REWRITTEN]

-DR. FLUG'S POV-

[BEEP... BEEP... BEEP!!]

           I jolted out of my sleep with a cold sweat, looking over at the alarm clock before slamming my hand on it. '12:47. . Shit! SHIT! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UP 2 HOURS AGO! I NEED TO GET TO WORK!' I stumbled out of bed, searching around aimlessly for a bag before grabbing one, the goggles already put on it before slipping it over my head before desperately flinging open my closet and sifting through it before finding my usual outfit and struggling to put it on.

Gloves? Check!
Bag and goggles? Check!
Shoes and socks? Check!
Lab coat? Well... Of course check! 

God, what was I going to tell Black Hat? I could probably say that I didn't set my alarm to the right time but that would be stupid since it's so loud, anyone right outside the door could hear, and if he passed by he'd obviously hear the noise coming from it and that excuse would be pointless. Even then, Black Hat would just read my mind and completely screw up the lies I was planning, so there was no point whatsoever. Maybe he would understand? But that was rare enough to happen, going off of the years I've spent with my own boss. I snatched a list off the desk, nearly knocking my plane model onto the floor and finally slamming open the door, walking straight into someone taller than me. At first, I was thinking it was 5.0.5 but it felt nothing like fur, and Demencia was shorter than me so it would make no sense, leaving only one person left.

I slinked back a bit, keeping my head down to avoid looking at him as I prepared myself for the screaming fit he was probably going to have.

"FLUG! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UP-"
"-2 hours ago. I get it. Sorry sir, it won't happen again. I'll make sure it won't." I exhaled, clenching the short list in my hands as I looked past him.

I quickly shuffled past him, running towards the lab and grabbing a list nearby the newest invention, starting to get to work in rewiring it. I could obviously feel Black Hat staring daggers into my back, but I wasn't going to call him out on it, after all, I couldn't blame him after this morning's events. All I did was think it, after all, he had telekinesis and would eventually try to tune into my mind, probably getting the hint as soon as he did. 

After about 3 minutes the feeling of being watched finally faded away, meaning he actually left or he just made his presence unknown, and I hope it was the second option.

-THIRD-PERSON POV-

              Black Hat did eventually read Flug's mind as he assumed and slinked away from the door, not liking the fact it was known he was there. A small grumble came from him as he strolled through the mansion, stopping at Dr. Flug's room to peek in since the door was still open. Flug obviously didn't care to close it after squeezing past Black Hat, probably because Flug was too busy trying to hurry and finish building whatever he was making to close it. From first glances there were piles upon piles of lists scattered around in the corners and hung up on the wall. There were some plane models that would be there on the desks and small shelves hung up on the wall.

He finally stepped in a little further, examining the room and its clutter as he tried to avoid the lists on the floor. Black Hat finally picked up one, examining it out of curiosity. At a closer glance, the list had several things scribbled out, only one thing left. 

"Get approval from boss."

Black Hat looked at the list for a few more seconds before setting it down, and exhaling before turning on his heel and walking out the room, quietly shutting the door behind him and setting out to go find 5.0.5 to go ask them for a few favors.

          Black Hat seemed for walk for what seemed like forever before stopping as soon as he saw 5.0.5, walking over and tapping the bear. "I need you to do me a favor and try to clean up Flug's room. Don't throw anything away, just make it more.. organized." He tried to put it into the best words as possible before 5.0.5 nodded, waddling off to probably go and get supplies to clean the room. The villain sighed, trudging back to his room/office and sitting down in his chair, tapping his fingers on the cold desk as he glanced at the monitor screens that hung on the wall, focusing on the lab camera that showcased Dr. Flug rewiring the invention before closing up the panel and getting up, pulling the sheet off the machine to completely reveal the giant ray. 

Black Hat would look at the screen, impressed with it as he got up, grabbing his cane and walking off to the lab, making large strides until they got there, opening the door and clearing his throat, making Flug jump slightly and look at him.

"S-Sir Black Hat! As you can see the newest ray is done! Obviously it's what you a-asked for! It can be used to be transferred to a person's deep subconscious!-" Flug started before being cut off by Black Hat grabbing the control for it.

"I suggest not touching those buttons-"
"Flug! You've already done your job! Now let me figure it out!" Black Hat cut in, messing with the controls before the ray made a whirring sound, zapping the scientist and the villain at the same time, both of them disappearing without a single sound as the machine powered itself down, leaving the two in their subconsciousness.

-TIME SKIP 1 HR-

Black Hat finally had woke up, sitting in a vast void with Dr. Flug seen not too far ahead, still passed out on the grass that was a hard contrast between the emptiness of the void and how dark it was. The villain would get up, not realizing he was missing his cane as he fixed his suit and tie, walking over to Flug before giving him a quick shake, watching as he jolted awake, trying to move Black Hat's hands away frantically before realizing. The scientist would stand up, dusting off his lab coat before trudging onwards, just leaving his boss behind with no second thought. Black Hat stood there for a second before hurrying off to follow behind Flug. After all, Flug made the made the machine, so he should know how to get out. . Right?

-TO BE CONTINUED.-

(A/N: This is a MAJOR improvement from years ago when I first made this fanfic. Other chapters will also be rewritten and when done so will be marked [REWRITTEN] in their titles. As for now, enjoy this chapter! - Tokii)