An Unwanted Fate. [REWRITTEN]

-3RD PERSON POV-

[CLICK. .]

           The door slipped open with an easy pull. The demon peeked into the doorway, met with nothing but darkness beyond the door. He sighed, opening the rest of the door as whatever anticipation the males both had dissipated and was overcome with relief. There was a heavy silence in the air as they both stepped through, the door closing on them and disappearing into thin air after being a few steps in. 

Upon stepping into the room, the air seemed to grow heavy- giving an ominous feel to the void around them. Walking in there seemed to take forever, seconds turning into minutes and minutes turning into hours. It seemed endless, and maybe it just was. Perhaps there was no more subconscious to explore for the machine. There was a few moments of silence before the two finally stopped walking, realizing that they weren't going to reach anywhere. The doctor would stare at his boss, a look of confusion in his goggles as he finally understood what was happening. The demon would finally turn to face the doctor, revealing that this in fact WAS another subconscious, and that WASN'T Black Hat. The imposter would stare blankly, a black goop dripping from any orifice it could find-- its movements jagged and seemingly snappy as it cracked its body into position, seemingly going to pounce on the poor scientist that was mislead and deceived by his own mind- or was it his? How could he know for sure it was his own subconscious and not his boss's? Where even was Black Hat? Had he gotten out and abandoned him just to get back at the scientist for getting him stuck there in the first place? Perhaps this was just some cruel joke for waking up late? What was even happening at this point?

          The thing would open it's mouth, letting out a horrific screech that was slightly muffled by the goop, small bubbles of the substance being produced as it kept screaming, finally ready to attack. It would reel itself back before charging and knocking the scientist down, its claws working to claw, gut, and mutilate the scientist. This was no dream, it was more a night terror. Since this was just their mind, the scientist wouldn't die, but he would sure feel it. He was able to feel the pain as the monster scratched itself into his innards, tearing out anything in it's way. It burned as surges of adrenaline and tingles of his open body consumed him, screams of agony bursting their way from his mouth-- a clear indicator that this didn't feel good for him. 

This seemed to go on for a full minute, as the body of the doctor refused to die, he couldn't die- this was only a subconscious after all. Death wasn't real here, but the pain was. Finally, the monster stopped, seemingly having its fill of terror that it reined in the mind but it had one last thing to do. It would stare silently while raising a clawed hand into the air, its face twisting into a smirk before swiping down into the scientist's neck, leaving him to choke on his own blood. Then and only then, the monster would get up and stand over the scientist in triumph before fading away as if it were just a pile of dust. Darkness would soon consume the scientist's vision before his eyes snapped open, waking up in the same dark void he had 'died' in. He sat up, examining his body- No scars remained. It was as if they had vanished only after he passed out, just to scare him into thinking it never happened.

          He'd finally look around, trying to locate his boss once more, only to no avail. 

---
Once again he was left alone, left to tend to the horrors that he would face while traveling further into the deep dark.
---

-BLACK HAT'S POV-

'My head hurts.. ' 
'Wake up.'
'Wake up!'
'WAKE UP!'

I jolted up, the sudden feeling of soft grass seeming off putting from the fact that before everything went black me and Flug were falling in an seemingly endless pit. 

"What the hell happened?" I mutter to myself, looking around. There was the warm feeling of the sun on my face. Was this reality?- or just a figment of what the mind wanted to believe was reality, trying to ignore the fact that I may still be trapped in this personal hell? Flug wasn't anywhere to be seen either, so I'd assume that he either got out or was sent to another closed space, forced to separate with me.

I'd finally get up, deciding to at least explore the new environment to past the time or at the most, try to find my way out of this personal hell. My feet felt.. Heavy. Maybe even glued down to imaginary cinderblocks as I got up, shaking off the feeling of dread that lingered in the back of my mind. I finally got to walking, having to force myself to trudge on as the feeling of being watched seemed to grow. It was as if I wasn't the only one in this space, and perhaps I wasn't.

'Did it get darker here? Or perhaps cloudy.. I could've sworn it was way sunnier when I first woke up... Oh well' I thought, and maybe I shouldn't have brushed it off, as that was my first and only warning. he clouds only multiplied, darkening the sky above me as I kept walking forwards.

 'Maybe it was just going to rain after all..' I thought, still dragging my feet through the tall grass. For that moment, and that moment only, everything seemed normal for once. 

Then it hit; and god it hit harder than I expected it to hit.

-3RD PERSON POV-

The sky finally started to fade into eerie colors of black and shades of reds, the air getting thick and hard to breathe as if it was the aftermath of a volcanic eruption, ash plaguing the what used to be clean air. And honestly, you may be thinking "Isn't Black Hat a demon, he doesn't need to breathe!" But in this state if very much felt like he needed to, desperately. 

Faintly in the distance a mass of black goo started to form, desperately ramming and pulling into each other as it started to form into what seemed humanoid but obviously wasn't. Black Hat stepped back, nerved but not afraid yet of the mass on the hill-- eagerly waiting to see what it would do. Shortly after that thought to wait crossed his mind, it finally struck, going on a mad dash and tackling the demon, it's claws lashing and grabbing at any cloth or skin possible, leaving deep gashes of red and thick goo on the male as he tried his best to fight it off. The struggle lasted for awhile until the hold that Black Hat had on it slipped, causing the monster to swipe it's claws over the males neck, causing a fountain of blood and gore to spill, and then-

It went dark. It seemed to stay dark for what seemed like ages for the demonic male as his body sailed through an endless mass of darkness. Maybe he did really die, but he could still physically see himself, and he was still conscious so it was obvious he wasn't dead at all.

Then he hit the ground. His ride through the void finally stopped as he stood up, checking himself for any wounds which had all disappeared as if it were some very lucid dream. He finally turned to look at his surroundings before seeing what looked like a doctor. HIS doctor. A wave of relief washed over him- then fear. What if it wasn't actually Flug? What if it was just another monstrous creation that was out for the two?.. 
He sharply exhaled, starting to walk towards the doctor in hesitation, ready to strike in the case it actually wasn't the usual human he knew- but that soon left him as the doctor spotted him, a shocked then relieved look on his face as he ran towards the demon, almost about to hug him before he stopped, nervously chuckling at the fact he was about to hug his boss. 

"How was the trip, jefito?" The doctor nervously stammered, unsure how to act at the moment.
"..Very-- Interesting Flug. How much longer before we can get out of here." The taller male grumbled, brushing himself off as he waited for an answer, sometimes glancing up to watch the doctor fiddle with his hands and mumble softly, trying to think of an answer to give him.

"W-Weeeeeell.. Erm. I- I guess we'll have a bit longer to go.. I don't- I don't exactly know how time works here, so it could be an hour or maybe what could seem like a day.. sir.." Flug mumbled sheepishly, clamping his eyes shut and trying to embrace himself to be yelled at or worse-- but nothing happened. Black Hat sighed, rubbing the bridge of- what would seem to be some type of nose. He didn't seem angry for once before dropping his hands down to his sides, seemingly unnerved. 

"Come Flug, back to trying to get out of here." The demon exhaled, starting back off to walking to what seemed like the next door. 

Dr. Flug opened his eyes, surprised at the calmer male before shuffling off behind him, keeping his head down while thinking of a new way of getting out in half of the time-- But alas, the doctor had no ideas. Their mind was plagued with the traumatic memories of them vividly 'dying' and there was only more to come.

TO BE CONTINUED...

(A/N: heyoo! long time no see wattpad! pls dont be mad im just now updating this PLEASE-)