Void Walking [REWRITTEN]

-3RD PERSON POV-

        It seemed like they were walking for hours, maybe more if they were just that unlucky and were transported deep into one of their subconscious mind. At time went on it seemed to get cold and colder, the smell of cheese and what seemed like mayo growing. This was definitely Flug's mind. It wasn't usually spoken about but Flug had an odd fear of sandwiches. It seemed stupid or irrational, but he had his reasons due to an incident he never cared to talk about. 

They would stop at a door. The waft of cheese and mayo was stronger now, along with hints of other ingredients as Flug grabbed the knob, turning it and peeking in before stopping and slowly closing the door, leaving Black Hat in a fit of confusion as he stepped up, grabbing the knob and turning it before peeking into the door to see what was so bad about whatever was behind it.

.

.

Sandwiches. Piles upon piles of sandwiches that towered for miles. There was a strong hit of the condiments drifting in the air as Black Hat slowly stepped in, blinking in absolute disbelief. "What the fuck is this. . . It's like- A homeless man's dream. My god." He spoke before turning to look at Flug, looking at the scientist as he quivered, not daring to touch the room before Black Hat understood. He'd stifle a small laugh before sighing and grabbing the scientist, covering the sight of his goggles with his hands.

"Maybe now you'll walk through. I know you can still smell but maybe if you tilt your head down the bag will block it out a little bit." The demonic male said, stepping forwards. Since he was behind Flug, the scientist was bumped forwards- shuffling a bit to try and keep up. The two seemed to kept walking, Black Hat acting as a guide as Flug cautiously shuffled in a straight line, stopping or adjusting the way he walked each time Black Hat tapped him or told him to turn. This lasted for a full hour, just the odd scents of the sandwiches sometimes stopping Flug for a moment before being interrupted by Black Hat accidently bumping into him, making the scientist jolt forwards a bit and continue on swiftly, not wanting to deal with the embarrassment.

---

            As they neared another door, Black Hat slowly uncovered the male's eyes, letting the scientist grab hold of the knob and turn it, it slowly creaking open as they both took a step through the doorway, standing now in what seemed like a long field, hills and seemingly soft grass going on for miles, the sun brightly beaming down from the artificial sky and clouds as it refracted and bent through the small ponds of water scattered around. Looking back, they had then noticed the door and the wall it was connected to was gone, valleys placed where the 'wall' had once been.

"How did. . But the door was just there. . We weren't even halfway into the room so how. . ?" Black Hat seemed to be in mild confusion, blinking until he looked over at Flug- who was already walking. The villain finally started to walk, faltering a bit in what used to be big, confident strides. The scientist kept walking, his boss finally catching up after a few seconds. Black Hat seemed to be in a confused ease, looking over at Dr. Flug, studying his bag. The scientist seemed to have a look of exhaust, maybe even irritation in their eyes, obviously not too fond of being trapped in this seemingly endless mind space. 

Black Hat sighed before grabbing the scientist's shoulder, making him flinch in an unexpected manner before getting dragged by the bigger male, sitting him down under a tree. Dr. Flug would watch as his boss sat down by him, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his index and thumb before leaning against the tree, his hat tilted downwards to shadow his face as he exhaled and closed his eyes, leaving the two in silence, the only sound being the artificial sounds of birds or the leaves on the trees swaying in the small gusts of wind.  Flug looked over at Black Hat once more, only to find out the villain had fell asleep in such a short amount of time. He'd linger there, studying the taller male's relaxed face for a minute before exhaling and turning back to face forwards. 

-DR. FLUG'S POV-

I just sat there for what seemed like hours while my boss slept next to me. Once ever so often I would eventually turn to look at him, wondering if he woke up since I would hear him move around slightly. Maybe he was just pretending he was asleep?- But that wouldn't be like him. I just sat there for awhile before cautiously laying my head in his lap, my bag still on as I laid there silently, finally closing my eyes.

---

After what seemed like an hour I finally woke up, the foreign warm sensation of something covering me like a blanket just adding to the haze of confusion I was in until I smelled something like faint dark brewed coffee on whatever was covering me. I pulled it closer, taking in a small breath to confirm the smell before hearing a small chuckle. I opened my eyes finally, greeted by Black Hat watching me with his suitcoat laid out on me, and a small grin on his face until he realized I was finally awake, quickly turning his head and covering his mouth.

"You're finally awake. Took you long enough, Flug." He said, uncovering his mouth as soon as he got his grin to fade off. For some odd reason it was bittersweet in a way, him not wanting to let me see him even slightly happy to try and keep what high dignity he had. I don't know why it seemed so odd to me, yet it was. "A-Ah- Sorry I slept so long boss. . We should probably get moving-" I got up, the suitcoat still on me as I stretched out before realizing and sluggishly pulling it off and handing it over to him. I watched as he got up and put it back on, starting to walk onwards, me keeping up with his speed as my boss kept trudging on.

--3RD PERSON POV--

                The two kept walking on, hours passing as they kept going, yet this grassy plain seemed endless. Flug looked somewhat irritated now, small huffs and mumbled coming from him as he kept walking, his speed way faster than Black Hat's steps. The scientist finally stopped, a door sitting in front of him- which he almost ran into. He blinked, realizing it wasn't connected to a wall before pushing it open. Another pitch black room. The scientist groaned, stepping through but to his surprise he fall down into the dark, the light coming from the door slowly fading out as he whirled himself around as best as he could, getting into a skydiving like position, trying to see if he could spot what he thought would be the floor. 

Black Hat had stopped in front of the door, not as gullible and was aware of the missing 'floor.'

 Flug wasn't nearby- the taller had the realization that he must've fell in before sighing and stepping forward, letting himself get engulfed by the void below. It wasn't long before the two met during the fall, Black Hat looking over at him while tightly holding onto his hat with one hand, watching the rushed panic of the scientist as he tried to steady himself in the freefall. He would chuckle lightly before they both eventually hit the ground, the hard glossy feeling of it now elastic and soft as they landed. 

--BLACK HAT'S POV--

'Ow.' The ground wasn't exactly a PERFECT cushion for the fall but it was decent enough for me and Flug. Perhaps it could've done a better job at trying to make itself soft but it felt more like landing on a rubber trampoline- face first. There was a little bounce but it quickly stretched back into it's normal hard surface, letting the me and Dr. Flug hit the ground finally with a small thud.

"That.. Wasn't a soft landing afterall." Flug said, sitting up and putting a hand under his bag to rub his head. That wasn't something you saw everyday.

I glanced around, finding the glimpse of a door before getting up, starting to twist the knob and then..

Pulled.

[TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT REWRITTEN CHAPTER.]