Chapter 33- Lauriel's Doomed

Inspirational quote: One kind word can change, or even make, someone's day.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Lauriel was doomed.
Hopelessly doomed.

Why?

She was supposed to start the test twenty minutes ago but she didn't, the first fifty girls that were supposed to take the test still had an awful lot of time left.

They used up seven and a half minutes, which gave them only two and a half to complete the Perilous Obstacle Course Test.

Since Lauriel was number 77 out of a hundred, that therefore meant she was going to be the twenty seventh person in there.

She had already witnessed ten girls die, eleven give up, seven throw up and twenty two girls still somehow alive and miraculously doing the test.

And whilst she was watching them, Lauriel couldn't help but think to herself:

I have to ace this test.
I can ace this test.
And I certainly will ace this test.

Just believe in yourself Lauriel! She thought to herself internally. You can do this. And even if you don't, it's better thinking I'm glad I did the perilous obstacle course rather than I wish I did the perilous obstacle course test.

Thank God that she wasn't the only girl taking the test at the moment, otherwise that would have just made everything more daunting.

It seemed like there were about a million girls around her, when there were only about forty nine, if not less, and they were either doing one of four things:

-screaming.
-crying.
-throwing up.
-acting perfectly nonchalant, as if this test was not the scariest thing in the world (even though it probably was) like Lauriel was doing at the moment.

And Lauriel could have sworn that the girl in front of her was dead.

Why she thought this? Because she was lying down with her body on the ground, face staring at the ceiling with sunglasses, looking probably lifeless.

Since there was practically nothing else to do, Lauriel went ahead and did it, she gently kicked the girl checking to see whether she was alive or not.

Nope, Lauriel thought to herself, still helplessly glaring at her. Must have fainted. She's dead.

That was what Lauriel had thought anyway. Moments later, the girl with the sunglasses on the floor got up, giving Lauriel a look of death.

"What you did was just really painful. I felt that. It really hurt."

"Well I'm sorry for kicking you in the chin then," Lauriel lied through gritted teeth, looking away from her instantaneously.

She then came to realise that the girl had a name tag with her initials on it, which was MGS. In the meantime, Lauriel's initials were LCW, and the girl was pretty sure she knew Lauriel from somewhere, if not then school.

"Hang on a second..." MGS told Lauriel, getting up and casually sitting down in the spare seat next to Lauriel, which made Lauriel half irritated because she didn't ask to sit there, she just sat there.

"You look really familiar all of a sudden..."

Do I? Lauriel thought to herself, not really saying anything.