Chapter 67- Step Right Over & Watch Her Put It Down

Inspirational quote: Love your haters. They're secretly your biggest fans.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kieran had watched Dr Kozak drive off in silence, and when Dr Kozak was fully gone that was when he finally turned and walked over to Esperanza.

Realising that he may or may not have forgotten his phone in Dr Kozak's car, Kieran looked all over his jacket pockets for it, eventually finding it.

He wanted to know if there was any possible or sure fire way that he could have possibly communicated with Dr Kozak during the mission in case something bad or terrible happened to either him and/or Esperanza.

He reached out for his phone, trying to communicate with Dr Kozak about a million times by calling him but it just went to voicemail each time.

On like the seventeenth time, Kieran just gave up completely as he called Dr Kozak again and it went straight to voicemail once again, much to Kieran's freaking irritation.

"Hey, this is Doctor Demetrius Kozahkistan, please leave a message after the-"

"Oh shut up Dr Kozak's voicemail," Kieran muttered to himself, purposely ending the call.

It was when Kieran had least expected it that his phone kind of vibrated in his bag, notifying him that he had just gotten a text message from Dr Kozak.

He read what Dr Kozak had sent him silently, in his head, and in absolute disbelief.

Dr Kozak: Kid, explain to me why you've decided to call me seventeen times? I literally just  counted the amount of times your name came up on my phone.

Kieran was annoyed as he read Dr Kozak's message thinking of what the heck to type back. 

Kieran: Because I did. Problem?

Dr Kozak replied straight away.

Dr Kozak: Uh.... What's gotten into you?

Kieran didn't reply, until another message sort of proceeded the other one that Dr Kozak had just sent him.

Dr Kozak: Oh and FYI kid, I'm driving. Therefore do not call me, okay?

Kieran was completely baffled as he quickly texted something back.

Kieran: So you will text and drive but you won't call and drive?

Dr Kozak: Traffic light's red. Plus I've lost my voice. So I can't really talk. It's become all croaky and squeaky and I kinda sound like I'm on helium now.

Kieran: Okay, well, is there any way whatsoever for me to communicate with you at all during this mission?

Dr Kozak read his message twice back in the car, but didn't reply.

Kieran: Er.. Hello?

Dr Kozak: Why do you want to communicate with me during the mission?

Kieran: Is that a trick question?

Dr Kozak: Kidding. We can voice message each other if you like. Just not call. Please. I don't have much phone credit left anyway.

Kieran: Why would you want me to voice message you if you literally told me just now that you've lost your voice?

Dr Kozak: I said that? Really?