Me and Kom falling below

It was just an ordinary day for us Woonkos. Living up in the trees, but one day just one day, I wished to go down to the ground. See what it is to be down there for even a day. I know Lankoo's are down there and they I believe was separated from us by time, ignorance and superstition.

Today though was sunny as my sister was asleep and I was awake. I have two nephews Gavin and Kom. Gavin was sensible, Kom was...a rebellious, cheeky, but brave young Wonkoo much like I was.

At the moment I was with Kom and the birds were attacking to try and get the young again and the elder tried to shoot it. He missed and Kom was laughing. "Ha! Missed! Keep trying, old timer. One day you might get it right." Kom said and started swinging on the vines. "Na, na, na, na, na."

I shook my head in amusement. "That is enough." The old man said and shot at Kom. He fell into the water and I chuckled and laughed.

"I think you deserve that, Kom." I said and Kom swam and I taught him how to swim when he was young, I believe that was a lesson that needed learning like you have to learn to climb.

After that we went back to our living place and I sat with my sister with my nephews. "So, you had to show off again." Gavin said to him.

"So what? What's it to you?" Kom said eating and me and my sister looked to each other then to the boys.

"That's enough, you two. Korkonak is speaking today." My sister said and I groaned. "Instead of arguing, let him teach you how to behave."

"Not his superstitions again. Honestly he talks about what's down there and that we should stay up here. I don't know how you can listen." I said and she looked to me.

"Amy, you know one day he may prove you right. Just go and see what he teaches today." She said and I sighed but nodded.

"For you, mum, anything." Kom said and I smiled.

"Ah. I don't want to go, mum, last time Kom embarrassed the heck out of me. And even Aunt Amy joined in with Kom." Gavin said and I remembered the last time.

"Ok. I can't promise. Korkonak's an old jerk." Kom said and I nodded in agreement. "But this time, I'll try not to. Let's go." Kom said and I got up and went to follow Kom along the vines.

"Be careful." My sister said to us.

"I'll watch Kom, sis. Don't worry." I said and I knew my sister worried and sometimes I think she had a right to but I would protect my nephews. I did from the beasts that try and kill us and I will now.

"Hmm. What would they do without each other? Or even without my sister?" The sister said to that one questionably. She didn't want to lose her sister or her sons.

...

The three of us were swinging from the branches having a fun time. "Yeah!" I shouted as I swung my nephews having a good time.

"Come on, big brother and aunt!" Kom said to the two of us. "Can't catch me." Kom said and I smirked and summersaulted over Kom and took the lead.

"But can you catch me?" I asked and they laughed. "Come on, slow boats." I teased and Kom chuckled.

"Get the girls. You're staying home with mom." Kom said to Gavin and I chuckled.

"Or you can just stay single and immature all your life." I said and Kom and Gavin laughed.

"Right, Aunt. Be like you with being fun, carefree and always being protective of family." Gavin said and laughed and I smirked.