Meeting A New Friend

The next day we were looking at the image of the palace and I saw the water down there and I was curious to what it was. Kom saw this and was also curious.

"Is that our drinking water?" Kom asked pointing to the water.

"Drinking? No! No, Kom! That waters cursed. We can't touch that or drink it. Only rain water." Martin said and I was confused because their not going to use that source of water? It's going to be a waste because they can't always rely on rain water...I know us Woonkos do but what if we ran out? We have done within the past.

"You can't even swim in it?" I asked and Kom got onto the ledge of the window.

"Never. It's even forbidden to learn to swim." Lionel said and that made me look to him. What if your drowning?! I taught Gavin and Kom to swim.

"Some say this is a punishment from the gods. Others, that a huge monster lives beneath the surface." Martin explained.

"And if we wake it, it'll swallow the whole castle." Lionel said and I looked to them.

"But what if you drown?" I asked and they looked to me and looked with sorrow. "That's Korkonak's talk. Don't tell me you believe everything they tell you?" I asked and Kom looked to them. His aunt taught him how to swim and he couldn't believe that they didn't know how to swim.

"Huh?" Lionel looked confused and I sighed. Obviously they do.

.....
Later on in the day I saw the maze getting done. I've learned about that and I was getting bored being locked up in the room so while Martin looked with Kom I snuck out of the room. Time to find some fun.

I walked and saw the horses and they looked to me and I stroked it and it loved the attention I didn't know someone was watching me with curiousness.

"So, how do you like it being here?" A voice said and I looked around to see a man with white hair and brown eyes. He gave off a powerful aura but kind but do I trust him?

"It's fine. It's a lot to get used too than being in the trees." I said and he smiled and came next to me and stroked the horse.

"I'm glad your settling in. I'm Matthew...would you like to go riding with me?" He asked and I looked unsure. "I'll teach you." He said and I smiled and nodded with hesitancy and he got two horses out and he gave me a black one. "She's the gentlest in the stable and my stallions mate. She'll go easy on you." He said and placed the equipment on and then he lifted me up and I looked and he smiled. "Not too tight on reigns. There."

He got on his and then I followed trying to get the hang of riding and as we got to the forest I smirked. "I'll race you." I said and then ran off and I heard him chuckle. As he came we raced until the stream laughing.

"Well done, Amy, well done." He said and I smiled as we got off and sat down. "How's it like living up the trees?" He asked and I looked to him.

"I can teach you how to climb?" I asked and he looked to me and I got up. "You taught me how to ride, let me teach you how to climb." I said and he accepted my hand. I then started to climb and got on a branch and he looked and then started and I grasped his hand helping him. "There. Not bad. I'll make a climber out of you yet." I said and smirked and he smiled and then I jumped onto another and I used a vine to swing back to him and I held out my hand and he accepted it and we swung together and we landed on the ground and we smiled as we rode back talking to the stables.

"Thank you for the time, Amy. I hope we get to do this again." He said and I smiled.

"Anytime you want, Matthew." I said and he kissed my hand and I felt my cheeks hot and with that we went separate ways but how was I to find him again? I though walked into the library with a smile on my face and Martin looked to me.

"And where have you been all this time?" Martin asked but saw the smile.

"I've just been out exploring. This place is big." I said and he nodded and Kom saw the look on his aunt and never saw that look before. He's had a good time Gina and he couldn't help but smiling and I ate my dinner and I saw Kom looking at me. "What?"

"Why are you happy?" Kom asked and I shook my head.

"Just went exploring." I said to him and he raised an eyebrow.

"You met someone." Kom asked and I raised an eyebrow. "You did."

I gave him a look and looked around and Martin must have turned in for the night. "I did in fact." I said and he raised an eyebrow. "I don't exactly know who he was but we rode these animals that were called horses and he taught me how to ride while I learned him how to climb." I said and he smiled. "You must have been with Gina."

"Yes." Kom said and we both laid in the hammocks and I laid awake with a smile wondering who Matthew really was. Then I heard a crash with Kom and we bolted up confused. We then looked to hear laughing and I narrowed my eyes something was wrong I can feel it but me and Kom just went back to sleep but something wasn't right.

.......