Randall anxiously waited in his room, worried about the video. The thought of being caught shook him to the bones. He enjoyed his new life and being in control, but it was impossible to be in two places at the same time. Randall knew he needed Kenzo's help again.

The basement door opened, and someone tiptoed down the stairs. It didn't sound like Jillian's heavy footsteps. "Mr. Boogeyman, are you down here?" A familiar little girl's voice asked.

Randall struggled to contain his anger as he fought the urge to burst out of his room and attack the kid again. He gnawed at his nails, trying to control himself from making another stupid false move. "Why won't she leave me alone?" he wondered.

Meanwhile, Gail bravely moved around the furniture and unopened boxes in the basement, determined to find him. "You can't hide from me," she said.

As the child's footsteps neared the washing machine, Randall felt something drop on the lid of his hidden room. He jerked back, his heart thumping wildly. He pressed his hand to his chest and tried to calm himself down. Don't panic, don't panic. He repeated in his mind.

"I know where you are, Mr. Boogeyman!" Gail shrieked.

Randall's forehead was damp with sweat as he froze in place. He dreaded the moment when Gail would lift the lid and discover his secret underground room.

The little girl stomped on the lid and shouted, "I found you, Mr. Boogeyman!"

Randall looked up with terror in his eyes as dust stung his face. His heart pounded so hard, he thought it would explode. His throat felt dry and scratchy. He silently scolded himself, don't you move, don't you cough, and don't fart.

Gail pushed the washing machine aside, making it screech like a banshee. Randall clamped his hands over his ears, trying to block out the awful noise.

Behind the washing machine, Gail grabbed a ventriloquist doll with a sinister grin.

Gail and Jordan had found the ventriloquist doll at a yard sale last year and named it Mr. Boogeyman. Dionah was terrified of the creepy doll and wanted to burn it, but Gail kept it hidden in the basement.

Gail  was convinced that Mr. Boogeyman came to life every night and crept upstairs to find her.

Randall was relieved when he heard Gail talking to someone else. Gail didn't know he was there. She believed the doll had a restless spirit inside it.

Randall felt a cold shiver run down his spine as he listened to her conversation. "She's crazier than I am," he thought.

Gail left the basement with a smile, clutching Mr. Boogeyman. She was eager to play with him and her Barbies.

Randall breathed a sigh of relief and went to check on Jordan.

Jordan was sitting upright on his bed with his laptop on his thigh. He had a silly grin on his face as he gawked at the screen. Randall couldn't see what the kid was watching. He muted the sound. Beads of sweat appeared on Jordan's face and he wiped them frantically with his sleeve. Randall wanted to have a little fun so he let out a deep growl.

Startled, Jordan jumped up and his laptop crashed to the floor. The boy knelt on the floor and said, "Oh shit, oh shit, the screen is cracked. Dad and mom are going to kill me!"

Gail entered the room, hiding something under her shirt. She shook her head and said, "This time you can't blame Mr. Boogeyman. It wasn't his fault.”

Jordan glared at his sister and snapped, "Why did you bring that ugly doll up here? Dionah would set it on fire if she saw it. She believes it's cursed."

Gail stuck out her lower lip, "It's my special doll. I bet he's the one who walked past your door on the video."

Jordan scowled at his little sister, "You're weird. It's not your Mr. Boogeyman. It can't move by itself. I think it was someone else, maybe a small person."

Gail's eyes widened as she scanned the room, "Do you think Mr. Boogeyman has a friend with him?”

Jordan stashed the broken laptop in a drawer, hoping no one would notice. "Tonight, Sean is coming over for a sleepover. We're going to watch some scary movies. Do you want to join us?" he asked his sister.

Gail shook her head, bouncing out of the room. "No, thanks. I have a better plan. I'm going to turn one of my Barbies into Mr. Boogeyman's bride. I need to make her a wedding dress."

Inside the wall, Randall watched them. He wanted that laptop more than anything. He had to find a way to get it. No matter what.

When the sun set, Randall sneaked out of the house. He ran to the shack where he had met Kenzo. It looked different now. He wasn't sure if it was the same place. He shouted, "Kenzo, it's me!"

The boy appeared out of the shadows, smiling from ear to ear.

"Is this your shack?" Randall demanded, placing his hands on his hips.

Kenzo replied calmly, "I sold some of the stolen items and fixed up the shack."

As they entered the shack, a hunter's rifle propped up in a corner caught Randall's eye. "Isn't this gun too big for you, kid?" Randall remarked, getting closer to the gun and touching it with his small fingers.

"I bought the gun from a transient. He was desperate to get rid of it. He said he accidentally killed someone with it. The gun reminded him of the innocent life he took. He wanted nothing to do with it."

Randall grabbed the rifle and pointed it at Kenzo. "One day I will need this gun."

Kenzo laughed nervously and backed away from Randall, who had a wicked grin on his face.

"Kenzo, I want you to follow me now. I will blindfold you and take you somewhere. I don't want to hear a peep from you. I don't want to draw anyone's attention. It's dark. Let's go!" Randall tore a dirty bed sheet and wrapped it around the boy's eyes.

Kenzo hated being blindfolded. It frightened him. "What's the plan?"

Randall pressed his dirty finger against Kenzo's lips. "I told you to shut up! I will tell you when we get there."