Overwhelming Chemistry

This time, I broke away first. He looked a little bewildered, and I whispered, "You are the most amazing man I have ever met. But this could never work." A silent tear fell down my cheek. Lovingly, Tom wiped it away with his thumb. I looked back up at him, reluctantly.

He gave me a warm smile, and whispered back, "There is no such thing as 'can't.' If I have to break every cardinal rule just to see you again, so be it."

At this, Tom kissed me so tenderly, so loving. The chemistry was overwhelming between us. I couldn't seem to get enough of him. I loved the way he wrapped his arms around me; those strong manly arms, so protective, so warm.

I shot back to reality when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. Tom reached for my back pocket just as I was, and whispered against my neck, "Let them leave a message, love. If it's that important, they'll get back to you."

I wanted to give in to that sexy voice, but it could be very important. I broke away from Tom and answered my phone. It was from the gallery. Oh, shit, I thought. I forgot. "Hello, Ms. Lynch? We're just calling to remind you of your appointment, which is in ten minutes. Will you be here?"

I gulped back my panic and said, "Yes. Yes, I will be there. Yes, of course I take this seriously ma'am. No, I mean no offense. Yes, of course. Thank you." I hung up the phone with shaking hands. I looked over at Tom, who was idly picking up my fallen artwork.

"Tom, I-" I began. "I know. You have to go, and this is very important. For your career." His voice shook. "But I will escort you there. It's much too dangerous for a beautiful young woman to be roaming the streets alone." I didn't protest. Not only was it pointless, but I wanted every second I could get with Tom. And I thought it would be the last time I ever got to see the man I had fantasized about since seeing him as the God of Mischief two years ago. Little did I know, this fairy-tale was only beginning.