Heading Home

Tom loved my studio, from my nerdy posters to the gorgeous view from my window. He saw my Phantom of the Opera shrine, and saw my signed poster of the movie cast. When he approached my desk, I sucked in a nervous breath. Tom glanced behind with a smile before looking back at my desk. I heard a light gasp escape his lips. I walked up to stand beside him, looking down at my newest work.

"Nyssa, this is- this is beautiful. Wait!" Tom bent over to peer closer at my work, straightening with a boyish grin. "Is this for Thor: the Dark World?"

I grinned, nodding. The movie was in pre-production, having just been cast. Filming was to start in a week or so, as soon as my portfolio of the concept art was done. I was put in charge of design for the cover art. I was also going to be working on set with costumes and makeup, but I thought I would wait to say anything.

Just when I was about to say something, both of our phones went off. We each checked our phones, finding we had a text. "Looks like I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning," I breathed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Really? Me too," Tom replied with a smile. "Where are you headed?"

"California," I replied with a smile. Tom's eyes went big. "You too? Maybe we'll be on the same flight," he said, excitedly.

I showed him the text from Jobs, in which it said I would be leaving at 5:00 am the following morning via private jet with my partner who I would be assigned to work with on the set. Tom let out a laugh and showed me the text that he received, which was the exact same thing. Looks like I'll be on a 15+ hour flight with Tom.

———————————————————————

When I woke the next morning, I hastily showered and dressed, already having packed from the night before. Tom would be picking me up at 4:15 to take me to the airport, which was in twenty minutes. I brought my luggage to the door, and made sure I had everything I needed. The concept art was in a tube slung over my shoulder, and my extra art supplies were in an extra carry-on bag.

When the doorbell rang twenty minutes later, Tom helped me with my bags and headed towards the airport. The private jet was luxurious, with a white leather couch on one side, several chairs in the front, as well as a kitchenette and bathroom towards the back. Tom and and I took our seats just as we heard the pilot's voice on the intercom reminding us to put on our seatbelts. This is it, I thought as the plane started its ascent. We're headed back to the States. I'm headed home.