And You Call This a Date?

The flight back to the states was long, but Tom and I used this as an opportunity to get to know one another better. He was currently asking me all of the questions as I had done several hours earlier. He asked some pretty interesting questions.

"Okay, Nyssa. Next question: If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?" Tom asked, cocking an eyebrow.

I thought for a moment and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Uh, hm. That's a tough choice. I guess I'd have to go with either Paris, or Prague. As to who I would take with me, I'm not sure. When I travel, I usually do so solo. This is actually the first time I've traveled with someone," I said a bit sheepishly, bowing my head in embarrassment.

"I hope this time is better than the last," Tom murmured, grasping my small hand in his larger one. "If I were to be so bold as to ask, would you care to take a trip with me? After filming and everything is finished?"

My head snapped up. A trip with Tom? Uh, are you sure? I swallowed, looking down at our intertwined hands, weighing my options. Oh, hell! Why not? "Um, sure Tom. Sounds like fun," I replied with a nervous smile. The grin I received in return washed away all of my nervousness and worry.

"Okay, next question: When was the last time you had a boyfriend?" Whoa, Tom! That's a little personal. Why are asking me this?

"Uh, well, I guess that would have been eighth grade. So, um, fifteen years ago," I mumbled, biting my lip. I chanced a look at Tom's face, and I almost laughed at the shocked expression all over his face. "What? I was busy with work and school. I didn't have time for much else," I shrugged.

"Still! Fifteen years without a date? Whoa," Tom breathed. I let out an exasperated sigh.

"I haven't had a boyfriend since I was thirteen, but I've been on several dates since then. I never found anyone worth calling the morning after. That's all." I honestly didn't see the harm in it.

"Alright, Nyssa. Last question: Will you go on a date with me?" I was acutely aware of Tom caressing the back of my hand with his thumb. I took in a sharp breath. Damn it. What the hell!

"Okay, Tom. I'll go on a date with you," I replied with a giggle.

**********************************

I have never been so thankful to have my feet on the ground as I was after that ten hour flight. Tom and I hurried through airport security and to the waiting car out front. Throughout the entire ride to the hotel, which would be our home for the next ten weeks of filming, Tom was playing with my hand and drawing circles on my palm with his fingers.

Once we reached the hotel, Tom and I made our way up to our rooms on the tenth floor. Not coincidentally, our rooms were right next to each other. I stopped in front of the door to my room, and turned to Tom. "It'll be an early start tomorrow. Goodnight, Tom," I said with a tired smile.

Tom smiled back, his eyelids drooping ever so slightly. "Goodnight, Nyssa."