Sex

After Ayato had left, everything around the cafe seemed to be moving to fast for your liking. It seemed like it flourished over night. People were attracted to the smell of the coffee. 

Things felt like they were going right towards the end of your pregnancy, and the three of you decided on the name Chie. 

Chie Kirishima. You grimaced at her last name. It had a ring to it, but you didnt like it, as you and Ayato technically never separated. 

That all changed after the child was born. 

----

Four years had passed. Chie had grown out of many of her dresses. Kagari and Kaoru had just turned 10, and began readying themselves for the new school year. 

The cafe had grown successful; I had made more than enough money than I really needed to raise three children. 

We lived in a nice house. It wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. Just right. I felt most at home when all of my children sat around to play video games with each other. Four controllers. One for each of us. 

I became the owner of the cafe and thus had more responsibilities, but that didn't mean I would skip game night. I would rather die than skip any sort of bonding with them. 

I barely even had enough time to relax and go on dates with men my friends made me go on blindly. I would always make up excuses like "oh I can't go, Chie just puked on me" She's a four year old, not a four month old. 

Deep in my heart I was waiting for Ayato to come back. And to apologize to me and the children. I wanted him. But he didn't want me. It was funny and reoccurring to me that even after four years, he was still the one in my eyes. I didn't understand. 

But nonetheless, I put a smile on my face. So what if I stay lonely? I have me, myself, and I. Plus the children. 

----

I had Chie go to her first day of preschool. After I had dropped off the boys at their elementary, I dropped her off at her class. 

"Chie, be a good girl for mommy" I said, when I crouched down to her eye level. 

"But mommy, don't leave" She said pouting. 

"I'll get you ice cream if you behave well at school" Her face perked up. 

"Pinky promise mommy?" She held out her little pinky. 

I held it with my own pinky, "Pinky promise. Now go on" I said as I stood upright. 

She waved me goodbye and ran off to find her teacher. I went back to the car and went straight to the cafe. 

As soon as I parked the car in the back of the building, I noticed something was off. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

There was a certain smell that brought me a bit of nostalgia from it. I'm not entirely sure from when though. 

I picked up my phone and dialed the supervisor, that should've been there before all of the employees, including me. 

By now most of my more experienced workers would've came and prepared the coffee. They were all ghouls, friendly ones. 

At the first ring, he picked up. 

"Oi, Yosuke" I said, dropping formalities, "Did something happen in the cafe?" 

"N-N-No..." He stuttered. 

It's not like him to stutter like that. He usually scolds me for dropping formalities, like I did just now.

"Are you sure?" I lied.