your hero (kinda usuk)

ok so this isnt really a one-shot but this is a prompt i wrote for writing class so here
~~
how could it be? i couldn't be dying. i fought too hard to just die. i was supposed to be like a magnificent knight, saving beautiful girls from ogres. but no, i was just regular old alfred f jones. not really anymore though, now i was fallen soldier alfred f jones.

my breaths were getting heavier. my mind flooded with happy memories. i thought about the time before the war when we celebrated my brothers birthday. there was music, dancing, food, and my mom even brought sparkling cider. and i thought about the time i met him; he was like a fairy. his messy blonde hair flew in his face as we laughed at an inside joke. i remembered the time my brother mathew and i pranked my best friend gilbert. he was angry at us for a week.

how did i let this happen? how could i let myself be defeated like a troll in a stupid fairytale? it wasn't fair. not fair at all.

my chest hurt when with every breath i took, like a sword stabbing me in the gut, which technically it was. the blood pooled around me was smelly and sticky as my last words were coming up. i didn't really have much time to think. what should i say? i didn't have long.

i smiled and cherished every single one of my accomplishments. last words were more emotional than they look, and hard to come up with; but this was my time, my legacy. i knew the the rise and fall of my chest was getting longer, and soon enough as i took my last breath, i managed to say,

"long live your hero, alfred f. jones."