"THE HUGGING" -James

Enjoy! Comment what you think and please vote!

6th year

"But Scorrrrp, we barely got the assignment today! It's not due for another three days!" Albus whined as he was dragged to the library. "Exactly, we only have three days! Better to start now." Insisted Scorpius, grabbing Albus' hand to physically drag him to the library now. Al's stomach did a somersault and he felt his face getting warmer. They reached the library and Albus sat down while Scorpius looked for the right books. "Alright," he said after about eight minutes "I checked out four books. We should only need this one, but just in case I got us these three others that talk about the background." "You are such a nerd." Albus taunted, pulling out six feet of parchment. "What exactly is this essay about again?" He asked Scorpius, who was rummaging through his bag for a better quill. "Aconite. What makes the flower highly toxic, why we call it Wolfsbane, and why it is essential in the Awakening potion." He replied without thinking twice about it. "Ugh, boring." Snickered Albus. "Yes, it is boring, but it's important. Plus, Professor Longbottom is your godfather. Make him proud and write the best essay you've ever written for herbology!" "You sound like a complete dork." "Shut up and start writing." He said, still smiling.

The two of them spent a few hours of their night in the library. Around 10 Albus started getting tired, and eventually fell asleep on his assignment. Scorpius looked to his left a few minutes later after he didn't hear the scratching of his quill against parchment. He smiled to himself, flicking his wand so the ink didn't smudge and ruin his work.

Scorpius Malfoy's POV

Albus is my best friend. I shouldn't think he's cute or get butterflies in my stomach as we sit practically on top of each other when there's nine people on a four person couch. Or like right now, I shouldn't be playing with his hair the way I am, wishing to kiss him goodnight. But I am. People shout comments all the time when we're walking through the halls to class, things like "You and your boyfriend should be expelled before you cause anymore damage in history!" or "Go back in time to see your Dark Lord of a father recently, Malfoy?" Albus always sticks up for me. No matter what. What about when I wake up at three in the morning, hearing Delphi shouting "CRUCIO!" over and over and over again? He's there to reassure me and hold me tightly.

"Albie? Wake up. Alllll, let's go up to the dorms. Please? I don't wanna carry you and our bags all the way out of the library, through the dungeons, all the way into the common rooms, and into the dorms." I could hear a faint giggle from Albus as I shook his shoulder. "Alright, but I wouldn't of fallen asleep if you didn't make me work on such a bloody boring essay." He pointed out to me. "Yeah yeah, well at least you got some of it done." I lectured, helping him put everything into his bag.

We quietly made our way up to the dorms. Once we sat on his bed I noticed some ink smudged on his cheek. "Al?" "Yeah?" "You have something on your cheek. I'll get it." I took out my wand and whispered a spell I learned a few months ago. It'll clear up the ink on him, but it'll feel like someone kissed him. "What the- did- did you- wait wh-what was that spell?" Albus stuttered, red noticeable in his face. "I'm sorry, did I say the wrong spell?" I asked him. "No, it just felt like someone kissed me. Does that make sense?" He said, hesitantly. "Ohhh, I did say the wrong spell. They sound similar. Sorry, mate." He laughed, "It's alright." We sat next to each other, Albus leaning his head into my shoulder.

Albus Potter's POV

It's probably close to 10:30, but I'm not too tired anymore. There's something keeping me awake, and that's telling Scorpius something. "Scorp?" I start. "Hmm?" "I want to tell you something." "Then tell me." If only it were that easy. "It's not that simple." "Is something wrong?" He sounded pretty concerned. "No." I considered. "Then tell me. I'm not going to judge, whatever it is. You know that, Al." His arm around me tightened. I took a breath, "I'm gay." "Oh, I know." He casually admitted. "But thank you for telling me." He expressed, sounding slightly more serious with his continuation. "You- You knew?" How? Was it obvious? Do you also just happen to know I'm madly in love with you too? "I guess I just know you well. You also had yet to show any attraction to a female in the entire 6 years I've known you." Merlin, while it feels nice to tell him, I feel like it wouldn't of made a difference if I hadn't. I mean, seeing as he 'already knew' and all. Maybe that's a good thing? That it doesn't make a difference. Yeah, probably. Would I rather have him treat me differently? No, so I guess that answers my question. "Albie?" "Yeah?" "When are you going to tell your parents?" "I dunno." "Only do it when you're comfortable with yourself. Fully." He suggested. "Thank you." I replied, my head still resting on his neck. "That's what I'm here for."