Scorpius Malfoy and his Platonic Friendship; Part 2

I will occasionally make several parts to stories, I hope the few of you that read this won't mind!

Word Count: 4,054

-3rd Person POV-

Scorpius continued to hold Albus' hand in his for a little longer than yesterday at breakfast. McGonagall finished her statement about rude behavior and took house points away. She then talked about the Halloween Masquerade Ball. "As you all can read, we will have a Masquerade Ball on Halloween. There will be a Hogsmeade visit a week before the event for anyone who wishes to buy their garments and what not in the village. The Ball will start at 7 PM and go on until midnight. If any of you have suggestions for the celebration, go to your Head of Houses. Now enjoy your breakfast, and have a great day." She stepped down and walked up the moving staircase. Cheering surrounded the hall. Scorpius finally let go of Albus' hand. "I'm going to get a head start to class, alright?" Scorp told his best friend and walked out to the greenhouses.

A Slytherin girl sitting across from Albus looked over at him. "So, when are you going to ask Malfoy?" She asked and took a sip of pumpkin juice. "Excuse me?" "Oh- I- I didn't know you two weren't together. Honest mistake, I'm sorry. You should consider asking him though, you'd make a cute couple. Take pride in who you are, that's what Slytherins do best." She grinned. That last sentence struck Albus like a bludger, though he was grateful he didn't actually know what that felt like. He smiled at the dark haired girl and walked out to Herbology.

There were only a few students in the greenhouses. Most people were still at breakfast. Albus quickly found Scorpius, his hair made it pretty easy to recognize him. Scorp had his sketch book out of his bag and was sitting in a chair in the back. The pencil strokes were light, but Albus could tell he was really focused on whatever he was drawing. He looked frustrated at the paper and ripped it out. Scorpius proceeded to crumble up the paper and throw it in the air towards the bags of fertilizer.

-Scorpius Malfoy's POV-

I don't even know why I left breakfast. Oh no, no no no no no! Albus nooo! Don't grab that- AGH! Of course I throw the paper where it's bound to be found. Of course it's the one person I didn't want to find that awful rough sketch. When did he get here anyway? Whatever, as long as he doesn't figure out I drew that.

-Albus Potter's POV-

I walk over to the paper Scorpius discarded and open it up. Oh, he's looking at me. I look down at the paper. Woah, this is beautiful! It's a rough sketch of a realistic hand with a paper clutched. The paper has 'Be mine this halloween?' written on it in curly calligraphy. I smile and walk over to him and put the paper in my bag. "That's some drawing, why'd you get rid of it?" I ask him as I took a seat. He mumbled something into his hands. "What was that?" "Cause it was stupid. Only a rough sketch anyway." A few more students walked in. "Scorp?" "Hmm?" "This rough sketch is better than anything any of the muggle artists I know have done." Scorpius started laughing. "Okay maybe that was an exaggeration, but it's really nice. Guaranteed the person you were planning on giving that to would have said yes." I honestly expressed.

A bunch of students walked in and professor Longbottom walked in. "Class, can someone please finish this sentence for me? Never eat the leaves of the Alihotsy tree because..." No hands were raised. I've never even heard of Alihotsy leaves. "Come on, your best guess. I don't expect you to know this." A few hands around me went into the air, hesitantly. "Because they are meant to be added into potions, not directly consumed?" A short boy tried. "No." "Because they'll cause the consumer to go mute until an anecdote is provided?" Said a bored Gryffindor on the other side of the room. "No. One more guess." "Because it will mimic the same effects of the sectumsempra spell?" Lily asked, making it up as she spoke. "These are creative, but not even close. Never eat the leaves of the Alihotsy tree because they will cause the consumer to laugh uncontrollably. Shall I demonstrate? Volunteers?" I shot Scorpius a look, but he smiled and shook his head 'no.' "Lily, come over here please." My sister was definitely going to regret participating. "Eat this." Professor Longbottom handed her a ripped piece of the leaf. She complied. The class went silent as they waited for her to swallow the plant. Just as he had said, she started obnoxiously laughing, uncontrollably. "As you can see, you do not want to eat these. Now, why am I telling you all this?" He took a purple potion and gave it to Lily. "Because yesterday someone broke into the kitchens and added Alihotsy leaves to many ingredients. None of them were used in breakfast, but for the next few meals I want you to look for these signs. If you notice them in your food, do not eat it!" He continued to tell us about the signs, but I wasn't really paying attention because I noticed my hand was entwined with Scorpius' again. Except, we weren't hiding it under a table, he was just holding my hand during a strange Herbology lesson. Nobody seemed to notice though, except Lily...