Drifting- Or Ignoring Feelings?

Word Count- 2,196
Year 7
[Pretending James still attends Hogwarts]
Albus Potter's POV
This is it. This is the life I fought for. I have the world's best boyfriend, Rose is on good terms with me, in a few days I get to let mum and dad know about Bryan, and Scorpius is happy.

Right?

I'm happy.

I promise.

Bryan is a great boyfriend.

Scorpius is my best friend, he should be happy for me.

He's nothing more. Not even in my wildest- no, no that's a straight up lie. Gay up lie? Yeah, let's just go with that.

Scorpius Malfoy's POV
Albus has an impressive boyfriend. Rose has made it clear she isn't interested in any relationships at the moment. My sexuality is a mess. What even is sexuality? Why does it bother me that Bryan is Hufflepuff's quidditch captain and has muscles and always knows just what to say to Albus? Am I jealous?

Maybe.

Probably.

Yes.

Very.

I want them to be over, but Bryan and Al are sweethearts. We go on break in 4 days, which is when Albus wants to tell his parents.

Lily Potter's POV
Scorpius.

Honey.

It's obvious.

The whole school can see you falling apart. My brother almost seems oblivious to it. James doesn't question it. Rose gave up talking to you last year. Is it really up to me to help you two out? After all, I never really liked Bryan. Those dark brown eyes and compliments weren't anything compared to your bright eyes and playful insults.

James Potter's POV
Albus, you seem to be happy with your boyfriend. I'm okay with him, but maybe that's because we beat him at quidditch last match.

Scorpius, you probably miss Albus.

You do miss Al.

I see it when you walk off to go to the library and study and there isn't a brown haired boy behind you, complaining but smiling.

I know Albus misses you, even if I'm the only one that sees it.

He needs you.

You need him.

You two have been through everything together. Don't let these feelings drift you apart any longer.

Byran Forter's POV
Albus; I love you. I love you, and I want the best for you. Maybe it's me being selfish, but I want to keep you all to myself.

But I see your eyes when Scorpius walks down the stairs.

But I see how much it means to him when you agree to be the guinea pig of a new spell he wants to test out.

And while it bothers me, if I'm not the one you love then something needs to change.

Draco Malfoy's POV
I get letters from Scorpius all the time talking about his school life. Mostly updates on his test scores, a new spell that was successful, or any animal species they introduce.

But the special thing about his letters, the most prominent subject you get out of them, for all the years he's been there, is Albus.

I suspect their friendship is drifting away. I had always had a hint that there was something more, and if that is the case and the cause of them falling apart, I do hope something is done.
----------
Scorpius Malfoy's POV
I see Albus walking to breakfast, surprisingly without Bryan. He comes and sits down next to me and says good morning. We haven't said that to each other in a while, and only thinking about how long it's been makes me feel worse. "Morning Al." I reply, gaining a smile. "So, I was thinking that over break this year I could come visit?" Albus asked, hesitantly. "Of course." Why would he hesitate?